Anyone?

woodwizzard

I am fairly confident that Royston Resources are buying the mills from a Chinese factory that markets the mills. Not only have they copied the Granberg Alaskan Mill Mk III, but they have also copied the Granberg Small Log Mill. Like Royston, they also market (one of) the Mills as an "Alaskan" mill – clearly infringing on Granberg's trademark.

The current price (FOB south-east port) of the 36" Alaskan Mill is about US$ 50 (which at current exchange rates is £35. With sufficient volume, per-unit shipping costs would be quite low, and I believe the import duties are negligible.

The manufacturer is Yongkang Senmal Tools Factory, and they also manufacture (surprise) wheelchair ramps.

Royston have a manufacturing facility in China listed on there website , Yongkang Senmal Tools share the same address .

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck if any buyer requires spares or support from them

I am certain that spares can be purchased, but the lead time would be weeks, and shipment by DHL would cost about £30.

Support would be non-existing (for end users).

I can't see how these guys are making any money, its not as if its a lose leader, you're not likely to buy a ramp as well.

I wonder what their technical advice is on how to use the millor what spares the do.

I'd rather buy from Rob, the back up service and advice I've had from him in the past is second to none and for me that's worth paying the extra.

Many thanks for the support :biggrin: but in the end I'll have to do something as you can't really expect someone to pay so much more for what is effectively more or less the same product.

They make little to no money on this mill. They offer no technical support (apart from 'look on youtube'). They have little shipping costs as the mills will be in with their ramps. They have no marketing costs as the product is already well known.

:sneaky2:

Royston have a manufacturing facility in China listed on there website , Yongkang Senmal Tools share the same address .

As far as I can make out Royston just buy their ramps and mills from this factory - they imply on their website that this is their own facility - but as far as I can make out - it isn't!

It is just the factory they buy their stuff from!

You can just buy a whole new mill at those prices, how many do you have to buy before it works out more than the original ? My 48" cost £85 I think, how much for the granburg ?

You going to run a China saw on that setup then ?