Coronet cuts

stihlmadasever

No thanks.

You can't see the ecological benefits? Do you know anything about it?

Ecological benefits!!!!... all I see is a butchered tree and someone spinning it to make it sound like you done the tree a favour..

I feel the philosophy aught be, cut the tree down an be done, or thin it out..

Ecological benefits!!!!... all I see is a butchered tree and someone spinning it to make it sound like you done the tree a favour..

I feel the philosophy aught be, cut the tree down an be done, or thin it out..

Well you obviously know what you're talking about.

I'll bet there's a few people who've read your post and are shaking their heads in wonder of the years they.'be wasted researching the benefits of the Eco side to arboriculture.

The benefits that joe is talking about are habitat for bats,bugs and even airborn pathogens like fungi's etc.

Yea, I understand what the fellas talking about, insects an all that.. But the point I was gettin at, is, aught it be done in the first place...

I mean, its a bit of a cheek to talk about encouraging nature on one hand why on the other you run amok through the woods with a chainsaw...

Don't get me wrong, for the most part I don't give a monkeys what people do with their own tree's, but don't pretend your doin the tree a favour by hacking it in bits..

Birds as well, I've seen in particular wood creepers and woodpeckers make good use of monoliths and coronets, but basically all the wild life and fauna that have adapted over millions of years to live off around and in dead and decaying trees other than a sterile environment that as tree workers most of the time we help create.

Yea, I understand what the fellas talking about, insects an all that.. But the point I was gettin at, is, aught it be done in the first place...

I mean, its a bit of a cheek to talk about encouraging nature on one hand why on the other you run amok through the woods with a chainsaw...

Don't get me wrong, for the most part I don't give a monkeys what people do with their own tree's, but don't pretend your doin the tree a favour by hacking it in bits..

I don't think it's ever been a case of doing this type of work on a healthy tree. It's normally reserved for dysfunctional trees that have become a danger in their current condition to their surroundings and is a viable alternative to removing a tree completely. Essentially make it safer and maintain habitat.

I don't think it's ever been a case of doing this type of work on a healthy tree. It's normally reserved for dysfunctional trees that have become a danger in their current condition to their surroundings and is a viable alternative to removing a tree completely. Essentially make it safer and maintain habitat.

This . Simples .

Yea, sounds good to me, no problem with that. I was thinking along the lines of someone doin it for its own sake...

Pollarding a tree and hacking away at the branches, that sort of thing...