laptops/tablets.

pete23

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had a couple of MacBookPro's fry their logic boards. They are great when they are working though!

Apple customer service ain't what it used to be; especially if you are out of the warranty period.

Now I just use an ipad2 for emails & internet stuff. It's good on battery but not any good for doing serious work.

The ipadPro looks interesting but also a ripoff.

What can I suggest?....

Spoon carving!!

cheers, steve

Hi STEVE I THINK Apple customer service is one of the best out there I have a chap from USA ring me back and he was on the phone an hour and a half to me fantastic customer service thanks John I'm by the far far the best laptop on the market and apple

thanks. this is where my comp skills go to zilch.

cache, would,nt even know where to look for it.

You need to know what programme you're using. I'm assuming its a PC, so you've probably got Internet Explorer something or other.

Google empty cache for internet explorer "whatever" and you will probably find a youtube video for it.

The cache gets filled up with rubbish from websites and needs to be emptied now and then. It may speed up your interweb experience greatly.

Hi

Dumped all the Microsoft nonesense years ago & very glad I did, working as an IT consultant it was hoplessly embarrassing when it all too frequently went wrong.

Switched to Mac & all our family followed - I was pissed off being the unpaid support line & tbh windows is a liability. So if your O/H has an iPad which does everything you need then look no further.

If iPad too expensive then look for a tablet that is Linux based, I wouldnt touch anything Windows based there are so many reasons to avoid it & I have no regrets leaving the madness.

That said Windows 2000 & NT 4.0 were actually good solid OS, fairly unbreakable.

N

Cheers, heard about this before but no idea how to go about that one.

Depends on your phone. On my iphone in settings click on personal hotspot, turn it on and select a password. Then search for wifi networks with your other device till you find your phone, enter the password and you're online. I would image its similar with android