Summoned to County Court

eggsarascal

Let me make this clear. This court case is being held in a court two hours away from my place, 450 miles in my vehicle plus three days lost work. Do you think I should suck that up?

The case itself involves over a £100,000 claim that COULD hinge on my evidence as I'm the only person that was on the job in question from start to finish.

Heaven forbid that a main contractor could need a subbie more than a subbie could need a main contractor.

You are deluded Billy.

Unless your completely broke and living from hand to mouth, which from your other posts I assume is not the case. The decision to take the three days off and a bit of travel (only a few hundred quid) on the chin in the short term to maintain a good relationship with a contractor and the long term revenue from them seems a simple one. If I were deluded and it was all so simple you wouldn't be on here asking advice, would you ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you going to do then Mr eggs??

Are you bothered if claimant wins or loses?

What happens if you ignore the summons - is that contempt of court?

I've no choice in the matter Kevin. As you mention if I didn't turn up I'd be in contempt of court.

Yes I am bothered who wins this case, the company I sub to have done nothing wrong except taking on a job from a well known rogue, the bloke that as brought the case to court is a total con man. I only hope we can blow his case out of the water.

On a positive note the company offered to pay me my full day rate for the duration of the hearing, I never got to asking about money when they volunteered to pay me.:thumbup1:

eggs, I understand your question. The barrister is your best first port of call. If you get no luck there, send me a private message and I will endeavour to help. I have access to people who should know the answer.

Cheers Alec, long time no speak. Hope you are keeping well.

As you will see from my reply above this matter as been resolved without any awkward situation.

I've no choice in the matter Kevin. As you mention if I didn't turn up I'd be in contempt of court.

Yes I am bothered who wins this case, the company I sub to have done nothing wrong except taking on a job from a well known rogue, the bloke that as brought the case to court is a total con man. I only hope we can blow his case out of the water.

On a positive note the company offered to pay me my full day rate for the duration of the hearing, I never got to asking about money when they volunteered to pay me.:thumbup1:

Egg, that is good news. Your more or less a paid witness for the defense which is not unusual. The professional witness are the ones that can be annoying. I hope your customer will prevail.

easy-lift guy

Cheers Alec, long time no speak. Hope you are keeping well.

As you will see from my reply above this matter as been resolved without any awkward situation.

Not bad thanks. Busy. Just made it through a glut of deadlines. Drinking lots of beer tomorrow night, going climbing at the weekend and am then settling in for 4 months solid. Glad to see you're sorted.

It would help if I got your name right.:blushing:

Sorry Alex.

Not a problem, George.