Summoned to County Court

eggsarascal

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you bill them for your day rate for every day your in court, they are in effect contracting your time

Have you been there and done it?

Please remember that neither the Claimant or the defendant serve the summons.

The wording on the summons is:

This summons was issued on the application of the defendant's solicitors.

Do I send the bill to the solicitors?

Have you been there and done it?

Please remember that neither the Claimant or the defendant serve the summons.

The wording on the summons is:

This summons was issued on the application of the defendant's solicitors.

Do I send the bill to the solicitors?

Hi EGGS send it to your contractor mate thanks John

Unless the contractor is very large I doubt they'll be calling you again if you invoice them for a few days in court...depends how the relationship is and what you stand to lose in future if it won't sustain this sort of thing.

Hi BILLY BUT contractor may EGGS MORE eggs needs them how's then BILLY 😂😂😂thanks Jon

Unless the contractor is very large I doubt they'll be calling you again if you invoice them for a few days in court...depends how the relationship is and what you stand to lose in future if it won't sustain this sort of thing.

Let me make this clear. This court case is being held in a court two hours away from my place, 450 miles in my vehicle plus three days lost work. Do you think I should suck that up?

The case itself involves over a £100,000 claim that COULD hinge on my evidence as I'm the only person that was on the job in question from start to finish.

Heaven forbid that a main contractor could need a subbie more than a subbie could need a main contractor.

You are deluded Billy.

Respond to whoever sent the summons telling them how much you need to attend, after all, its them who have asked you to attend. Explain what your daily rate is , allow 50 p per mile for travelling allow for parking costs and sensible meal costs, deduct what they have already given you and tell them to agree to your costs and you await there response. If you were not in court you would be out with a saw somewhere, its all down to reasonable defence / prosecution costs