charging churches?

flatyre

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Church yards are great, no one around to ask stupid question, normaly can enjoy your work in peace and quiet. only problem is the stones, always have extra bins the long black plastic ones for mixing cement. We use them alot here in Germany, fit on the hole perfect over the stones. Thank goodness for handy,! A tip take photo of graves around tree, you have evidence of possible non damage and you can see were all the deco was. Try for the work, there is always money even if they say there is non. Its true you can not do the work for free, only cheaper if a just cause and only when the money is there for the months end, family comes first.

Noticed an increase in church properties asking for/requiring surveys, in recent years. they probably can't get insurance if they don't, for health and safety reasons. Just normal rates for any work, tendered for, often see some good veteran trees. They need to employ good tree surgeons and properly insured ones! Often working around very ancient buildings etc and don't want any damage, to property or trees.

There are some interesting idiosyncrasies with church yards. Worth a google if you're bored. Closed cemetery may fall under LA responsibility for survey / maintenance, open cemeteries generally fall to church funds. Trees falling in a cemetery may be the property of the vicar to dispose as they see fit.

And Church cemeteries that become full then become under LA but our Council decided they have not got the funds now ,I am still at loggerhead's with the Treasurer who thinks I will do the Job for pea nuts .

I do look after a New Methodist Church with No gravestones, whizz round with my Tractor :thumbup:its money safely in the Bank , if god Screws you over then I will pack in .

Ste

I've got a bit of experience with church accounts as i used to be treasurer for several year at the church where i was wed.

So to clarify things, yes the CoE do have money and lots of property/land but the small parish churches are often very poor.

Individual churches are self funding which is mainly from congregation donations, so if its a small congregation there is very little income.

From this they pay the running costs (gas/elec/etc), large insurance costs, sizeable running repair costs (if it's an old church) as well as a large amount to the diocesan to cover their costs which include the expense of training/paying/housing vicars which your small church will probably share with three other churches.

To answer the op question, put your fair price in - they don't expect you to work for nothing but please do be considerate if it's a small church.

I've got a bit of experience with church accounts as i used to be treasurer for several year at the church where i was wed.

So to clarify things, yes the CoE do have money and lots of property/land but the small parish churches are often very poor.

Individual churches are self funding which is mainly from congregation donations, so if its a small congregation there is very little income.

From this they pay the running costs (gas/elec/etc), large insurance costs, sizeable running repair costs (if it's an old church) as well as a large amount to the diocesan to cover their costs which include the expense of training/paying/housing vicars which your small church will probably share with three other churches.

To answer the op question, put your fair price in - they don't expect you to work for nothing but please do be considerate if it's a small church.

Would you be more considerate (whilst pricing to remove a tree)if someone had got a small back garden, or would you quote the same price if they had a large back garden?

Church or no church, the price is the price, is it not?