Are we actually living in 'The Age of Stupid'?

SteveA

No. What we did a few years ago was swap common sense for Management, management becoming a job all on its own.

What I'm trying (badly) to explain is, we've breed a rake of folk that manage jobs/schemes that they don't know anything, or very little about.

Clear as mud.:001_rolleyes:

I can't agree more with you on that. And they get paid stupid money to do it. All they are good at is making people think they are good at the job but actually they do nothing worthwhile. I can't understand how these type are valued so highly whilst people doing the hard work don't get the pay or recognition. I wouldn't mind if they were good but it seems the higher you go the less there are.

Don't get me wrong, when you get a good manager they are worth the money. But they don't seem to get far!

I've gone self employed so now I've only got one **** manager in charge ... Me!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. What we did a few years ago was swap common sense for Management, management becoming a job all on its own.

What I'm trying (badly) to explain is, we've breed a rake of folk that manage jobs/schemes that they don't know anything, or very little about.

Hi EGGS I think you should run for being a MP MATE 👍👍thanks Jon

Can't see it matters if climate change is man made or not as our course of action should be similar. We should stop squandering finite fossil fuels regardless. Look at all the incredible things you can make from oil and what do we do? BURN IT to make electricity that can be so easily made from renewables. Can imagine future generations looking back at today and holding their head their hands at our stupidity and shortsightedness. It seems our democratic system stops governments looking beyond the next election so we never see policies for the future.

You don't have to look far to see we live in the age of stupid

I've seen that on a few sites now, it's not even photoshopped well :lol:

flooddevelop.jpg?w=300&h=225

My friend works as senior HR manager in NHS, she's always circumspect about what she tells... But the stories she does share would make you weep. She's on verge of quitting as even though on good money the insanity is becoming too much.. No arguments from her when I say privatise the whole thing and start again with a clean slate

But how green and carbon nuetral is green energy?

And who is actually brave enough to tell the general public the whole facts with no spin and let us make our minds up?

The problem is with the internet we really are in the 'age of stupid' and more often internet campigns count more than scientific research, wich will only get worse.

Totally agree about solar power there is immesnse power there to be harnessed, but are PV panels not really unenvironmentally friendly to make and dispose off?

More into the timber game, i have a large boimass power plant near me originally it was meant to run on a high % of waste produce (baled brash matts and stumps from forestry + sawmill waste etc) they quickly discovered just how expensive it is to dig, forward, transport wash and chip either stumps or brash from wet scottish hillsides.

Anyone could of told u that thou, not rocket science.

They now burn almost only chip and pulp grade wood and sometime whole jobs are just converted for boifuel. Some of the small local fencing/pallet sawmills really struggle to get timber and the massive subsidies it gets pushes the price up.

The icing on the cake for stupidity for that is, in scandinvia where these are common tend to be sited next to towns/hospitals so al the hot water is pumped round for free district heating.

It is only fairly recently they thought about using the heat from there to dry timber next door in sawmills kiln. Absolutely scandalous that was not done and planned from day 1, no joined up thinking.

Even ur smaller RHI scheme for boimass, great idea but completely bonkers scheme where it is in ur intrest to burn as much timber as u can as ur doubling ur money.

I've heard there already importing chip from america.

same as impoerting firewood from baltics/russia, makes finacial sense but environmentally bonkers

And i'm not going to even start on the nonsense that is wind turbines. Biggest white elephant there is