Regular or Premium Petrol

sawsaw

Exactly. If you can't afford a new saw every now and again your business plan needs looking at. Write them off over 2 years then any extra years is money in the bank. For example

Stihl ms 362 18" bar = £613.20

2yrs working days = 450

613/450 = £1.36 per day when you look at it like that

I'm curious, has anyone had a 362 that's been used daily for 2 years without it breaking down?!

Exactly. If you can't afford a new saw every now and again your business plan needs looking at. Write them off over 2 years then any extra years is money in the bank. For example

Stihl ms 362 18" bar = £613.20

2yrs working days = 450

613/450 = £1.36 per day when you look at it like that

That is so "throw-away mentality" :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Thanks for your comments guys,much appreciated - didn't realise it was such a hot topic! The info on fuel stabilizers was a new one for me and could prove very useful for the lesser used machines. Interestingly the local garage sells Esso Supreme which according to the web is Ethanol free except for Devon and Cornwall - very strange !!!!!!

Edited by sawsaw

How can I rag the arse out of most of my saws every day using supermarket petrol and Stihls cheapo one shots and average 10 years out of them?

I'm just curious how the fuel snobs see it?

I want to cut timber, not fly to the moon.

What mark said. I struggle to get my head around all these which fuel posts. I use whatever petrol the garage sells when I need to fill up and still on the stihl red oil and it's never caused me a single problem. I've even left this mix in a saw for 6 months before and it started third pull

What mark said. I struggle to get my head around all these which fuel posts. I use whatever petrol the garage sells when I need to fill up and still on the stihl red oil and it's never caused me a single problem. I've even left this mix in a saw for 6 months before and it started third pull

Same here. Not saying I'm right or wrong but I've left my motocross bike for at least 6 months and it fires up no different to if it had just had fresh fuel. Same with my saw and as it's only home use it does get left a while.