Wheel clamp

Ty Korrigan

Is this used my any-one on here?

https://www.ultrasecuritycentre.co.uk/bulldog-230-f-titan-wheel-clamp

I need to beef up on site lunch time security as well as night time at the yard.

I am trying to think like a thief whether caravan based or working for a large Eastern European Export only consortium.

One thing that I think is vulnerable is the arms around the tyre.

They look thin and easy to cut with a battery angle grinder.

Cheers

Ty

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Ty,

I use this one. I was gonna buy the most expensive one that Bulldog sell but the sales guy told me they are very fiddly to use and advised i buy the yellow one as it's easier to put on and deal with on a daily basis and the udder ones are basically to be put on for extended periods! I do not know if he was referring to the one yew have linked above. I also use a hitch lock along with a wheel clamp. I reckon Bulldog products are good in my opinion.

Bulldog QD Wheel Clamps Barriers Direct

Yeah I have one of those, pretty sturdy, a grinder would get through it and it's a bit fiddly to get on but it's all about layers of security so if I'm out with it there's a chain to get thorough as well and night times there's a whole bunch more locks, cctv etc before you get to the stage of getting the wheel clamp off!

we had something similar, the bars were fairly substantial but would only take a couple of minutes to cut through but you would only need to cut one off to free the whole thing, the bars are the weak point though.

Perhaps something like this ?

wheel-clamp.jpg

I've never tried it on a wheel clamp! But I always wanted too..... A steel tube filled with thermite will ignite while being cut with a grinder or oxyacet etc.... So in essence a 5mm hole drilled in the hollow arms on the clamp then filled with thermite could prove exciting :) it won't stop them cutting it of but when a kg of thermite catches in a confined area I wouldn't wanna be siting next to it lol

Is this used my any-one on here?

https://www.ultrasecuritycentre.co.uk/bulldog-230-f-titan-wheel-clamp

I need to beef up on site lunch time security as well as night time at the yard.

I am trying to think like a thief whether caravan based or working for a large Eastern European Export only consortium.

One thing that I think is vulnerable is the arms around the tyre.

They look thin and easy to cut with a battery angle grinder.

Cheers

Ty

Yes, I use one of those along with a hitch lock. I think its OK for a trailer and ticks a box on the insurance requirements etc. but for an expensive chipper or plant...:thumbsdown:

If they want it they will have it. The principle of most security items is to act more as a visual deterrant to make the would be thief move from your kit to someone elses. I bought the simplest one to fit whilst also being insurance approved to ensure that staff would actually use it and not leave it on the truck because "we will only be 2 minutes".

I've never tried it on a wheel clamp! But I always wanted too..... A steel tube filled with thermite will ignite while being cut with a grinder or oxyacet etc.... So in essence a 5mm hole drilled in the hollow arms on the clamp then filled with thermite could prove exciting :) it won't stop them cutting it of but when a kg of thermite catches in a confined area I wouldn't wanna be siting next to it lol

That would be real interesting when the thermite catches, sets fire to the chipper and takes the building out as well, good luck filling that claim form in:lol::lol: