Dieing trades

eggsarascal

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they are good gates you must have seen the rest stables then eggs

There similar too jons gates up at the south fork ranch I think :thumbup::thumbup:

I've worked on his Moulton paddocks and Snailwell road yards over the years, I've also worked on many other yards in the area, although other yards are good and worth a fortune none of them come anywhere near the Godolphin set-ups.

I was born n breed in the Potteries (Stoke-on-Trent) we used to have people called 'Sagger makers bottom knockers', I'd dare bet there ain't many of them left now.

Excellent point .

Ha ha ha ......Although the Sagger makers bottom knocker ......aka Pub in Burslem is one top place for a bit of banter :thumbup:

Plenty of characters in there :001_smile:

Eggs me and thee would fit reet in .

People who actually make things in the UK.

Wholesalers who are willing to look for goods made outside China.

Anyone who insists on good quality AND is willing to pay (more than child labour rates) for it.

There was a woman who used to go round impersonating Lady Di, she lost her business overnight.

Last I heard most Salman Rushdie impersonators had retired.

People who accept that taxes must rise to pay for NHS, education, roads etc. (anything else the Romans ever did for us).

Rant over

A lot of people will go out to catch Elvers on the Severn, makes a bit of beer money. Season is about 10 days if I remember correctly.

There is one guy who still makes a living using fixed nets to catch fish on the incoming tide on the Severn between Newnham and Westbury.

Not many Bodgers or Charcoal makers or coal miners.