Comfortable 5/7 seat 4x4 recommendations?

Big J

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kia Sorento overpriced for what it is more in your Dacia duster league.

Hyundai Santa fai the main dealer talked me out of even looking at them as he did not want to loose our future custom on the i10's

Nissan patrol ok but I felt not in the same league as the Amazon. Known to have mediocre low end torque for towing and can have gearbox problems.

If u want it all go American!

10k will get u a jeep commander carry 7 in comfort, meant to be excellent off road and loads of grunt.

3l v6 or 5.7v8

Only down side a bit juicy ( mines about 20mpg or so) ultra comfy and comes with all the toys!

If u can handle left hand drive then a f150 or so.

My misses has a Kia Picanto, small car but she likes it. Only a 1 litre cheap run around. 62 plate, shes had it since Feb. She does 350+ miles a week in it and spends approx £30. (Full Tank). Were looking at a Kia Sportage, a bit bigger and looks nice. Really happy with Kia cars, there customer service, and the 7 year warranty pretty much says it all! Top marks from us for Kia.

I Amazon for some time if you can find a 57 plate with low miles in good condition I would grab it mine is now 16 years old and owned it for 11 years. Been totally reliable and only needed one set of brakes a genuine exhaust ( £1000) one cambelt and wiper blades. I would have one in a heart beat . The face lift came out in 53 plate onwards with 18 in wheels and a more economical 5 speed auto.

Hi Steve just had a look at thee on eBay what are they like to ride in compared to the likes of a disco 4 ? And what's the fuel consumption like ?

Hi Steve just had a look at thee on eBay what are they like to ride in compared to the likes of a disco 4 ? And what's the fuel consumption like ?

The disco drives and handles better. It's quicker and more up to date.

But at what cost, in my experience big repair bills and more always looming.

The land cruiser has a good ride due to the active suspension ( part spring part hydraulic ) but can have problems that run into £3000 after a few years the accumulators wear out and the ride hardens a little.

Check the electric adjustment on the steering wheel the motors go about 80- 100 k. Some were prone to rust especially the back end. Seats are more comfortable than the disco and more room.

The disco averaged 24 and the landcruiser is exactly the same. Driven sensibly you could get 29 out the disco but max 26 out of the Amazon on route to Paris.

After my experience I would have to be stark staring mad to ever consider another Land Rover apart from a cheap doggy old defender I would not spend more than pocket money