Comfortable 5/7 seat 4x4 recommendations?

Big J

Off to the dealer tomorrow where I drove the Shogun to drive these two:

http://www.formula1carcentre.co.uk/used-LAND%20ROVER-DISCOVERY-Falkirk-Stirlingshire-722192

http://www.formula1carcentre.co.uk/used-LAND%20ROVER-DISCOVERY-Falkirk-Stirlingshire-722205

One a Disco 3 and the other a 4. Any significant differences? I rather like the 5k price difference and the service history on the 3 seems better. It also has a tow bar already, which would save about £500-700. However, I'm wary of vehicles that have been towed with. You do give away 65hp in the 3, but that is nothing a remap couldn't address. The 3 looks a little more utilitarian, which I like also. Advice?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.formula1carcentre.co.uk/used-LAND%20ROVER-DISCOVERY-Falkirk-Stirlingshire-722192

http://www.formula1carcentre.co.uk/used-LAND%20ROVER-DISCOVERY-Falkirk-Stirlingshire-722205

One a Disco 3 and the other a 4. Any significant differences? I rather like the 5k price difference and the service history on the 3 seems better. It also has a tow bar already, which would save about £500-700. However, I'm wary of vehicles that have been towed with. You do give away 65hp in the 3, but that is nothing a remap couldn't address. The 3 looks a little more utilitarian, which I like also. Advice?

I would try and go for a 4. They have in my opinion a much better quality interior. The brakes an suspenion conponents have been uprated to RR sport so last a little longer.

The 3 was only a 2.7 litre single turbo. The 3 litre is twin turbo which gives it bags more torque.

I loved mine to drive but if I bought another out of warranty I would need to budget 6-10 k per year for tyres, servicing, repairs. Whereas the Amazon has cost 2k over 10 years it's a no brainer for me.

Ps the occasional remove able towbars are crap and they fall,out. Trust do the best fixed towbar on the market for about £120 and will take you about an hour to fit and looks the business rather than bling proper engineered.

I've started to use the MOT history page for vehicle research. Spot a car model you're thinking of buying then note the number plate and look it up.

My neighbours had an Amazon they swore by it. The MOT checker website showed it was costing a fortune every MOT.

We love our cars so much we're not always honest.

The 1998 Steyr Puch Van went back on the road today.

I paid £220.00 for a wash, and a seal to the steering box, literally the only work needed, this £220 incl the test fee.

I could/should have knuckled down and done the work myself:confused1::blushing:

No sized brakes or owt else requiring attention.

It had been parked up for 2 or 3 years in a grass field.

I did fit a new battery, at £90.00, to get it rolling.

It started absolutly first kick.

Oh and £168.00 to insure class 1 Business with the Farmers Union.

I reckon that is value for money.:thumbup:

Also got divinely comfortable supportive Recaro seats with proper armrests.

24mpg is the only issue.

marcus

Edited by difflock

I've started to use the MOT history page for vehicle research. Spot a car model you're thinking of buying then note the number plate and look it up.

My neighbours had an Amazon they swore by it. The MOT checker website showed it was costing a fortune every MOT.

We love our cars so much we're not always honest.

If my disco only cost a fortune at mot time I could live with that. All large 4x4 are going to cost money at mot time especially as they get on with miles and age. Most amazons are getting very old. Disco 4 are not you can live with an old reck falling to bits but not a 3 year old car worth 30 k.

HI JOHN i would go for toyota or VW AUDI mate them LR D3/D4 MONEY PITS thanks we had 2 top the range ones only 1 year only so ok thanks jon :thumbup: