Just put unleaded in my diesel

aitch

Did this myself only a few weeks ago, bad night with the baby and long day in work was my excuse, hope they get It sorted. left about a quarter of a tank full in mine but had no problems just kept topping up it up. The fumes when syphoning don't half make your head spin!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought I'd treat my pick up to a bit of posh diesel and put unleaded on by mistake. Never done it before.

1/2 tank in so too much to get away with.

Just waiting for fuel doctor to arrive.

Swallowed a few glugs of fuel trying to siphon it out without success.

What a moron! Sticking to regular from now on!

No disrepute intended but why have you called the fuel doctor .......then asked for advice ........ ?

On this site people genuinely want and will help ?

I put full tank o diesel in a petrol car twice. First was a 91' peugot 205 and the other was a 95' opal corsa. Drove both away from the pump before they chugged and died. Both times, sucked or drained the diesel out, refilled with petrol and run the starter for a while, loads of white smoke, and away you go! Don't know if that works on "modern" petrols though.....

Se7enthdevil no you didn't dream it.

Fuel blending in the UK is illegal I think but in other places (possibly canada) up to 10% of petrol in diesel acts like an antifreeze and decreases the waxing phenomenon.

Diesel even if a tiny bit in petrol kills the idle and subjects you to stalling or reving at junctons. Years ago I had a 3.5 V8 Rangie and being a thirsty beast I used a number of customers wrongly filled/drained fuel to add to my usual tank as a sort of dilutant. This was real hit and miss and although it didn't damage anything the idle was all over from normal to stall.

Thought I'd treat my pick up to a bit of posh diesel and put unleaded on by mistake. Never done it before.

1/2 tank in so too much to get away with.

Just waiting for fuel doctor to arrive.

Swallowed a few glugs of fuel trying to siphon it out without success.

What a moron! Sticking to regular from now on!

Hi mate I had mate put it in his new Mercedes cost him £400 wish you well with it thanks Jon