Mole traps

padman

I've had loads of success with the Spring / scissor type traps which crush the little buggers to death. Make sure you don't handle the traps with bare hands, as moles have a terrific sense of smell, and won't go anywhere near them. I always use an old pair of muddy gloves and it seems to work for me. Once the trap is in, cover the hole with some soil, to prevent ingress of light. Always nice to catch the little buggers, but there'll soon be another one to take over!

Did a mole and a rat with this relativly cheap trap...[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/STV-International-Stv312-STV312-MOLE/dp/B001DYTNV4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1448570977&sr=8-2&keywords=mole+trap]STV312 - MOLE CLAW TRAP: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Kd4EVuxOL.@@AMEPARAM@@41Kd4EVuxOL[/ame]

Piège à taupe et anti-taupe. Destruction rapide de nuisibles taupiers.

I have killed dozens of moles in my garden with these devices. They really work.

Not sure if they're legal over there or not. If not get some sent over or take a day trip.

Me too, the De-Tauper is the best - goes with a pretty good bang as well :D

may not be legal in UK though

If using traps they do have a very good sense of smell so dont handle them (as previously suggested) & if all else fails pour diesel into their runs as they dont like the smell.

N

Edited by NFG

Use the tunnel ones for the runs that you find by pocking a stick down between the mole hills, I think they are called duffus traps, they work a treat!

And then the scissor ones for the runs where they just push the soil up that you can see from the surface. With the runs that are visible from the surface if you only have a few traps you can just push a few of them down in some parts with your foot, if they push them back up then those are active. I never used those Talpex ones but they look good.

Also with new traps leave them out side in the dirt for a few days before you use them, just to get the new smell out of them. I also used to rub a previously caught mole on traps when you are setting them, used to think it made them think there was another mole in the run. Dont know if that really works but I used to catch up to 40 moles a year on the farm so cant have been doing to much wrong.

Best thing you can do is hire in a pro and go to work to pay his bill, after all you wouldn't want the mole-catcher from down the road dropping that 80ft hanging syc for you would you? Or you could spend a couple hundred quid on moody remedies and then have to get him in, your call