Morons!

stihlmadasever

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being verbally abused aint and never will be part of my job description bud,the sad thing is -for you and probably many others on this forum-you've taken abuse so long you think it comes part and parcel with the job.

Why should i be abused for putting safety measures into place to prevent people who are otherwise too lazy or stupid from being injured.

Although im relativley new to tree work im 43,so im too long in the tooth for the 'joe public will take a giant crap on you'mantra,i know this full well,being a council worker i know how badly the public can behave when confronted with a coned off work area and a perfectly polite banksman directing them around the danger zone.

Personally i couldnt give a toss what the person on the street or in there car thinks of me,im just the guy who's tryin to keep them safe,if only they would recognise that.

I appreciate your thoughts and views on this,after all thats why i started this thread.

Too each his own and all that

If you continue doing this kind of work stihlmad then i'm afraid that being verbally abused, right or wrong, is and will be part of your job. And it is not going to change any time soon, people are people and alawys will be. The better the fencing, the less likely members of the public will enter, but of course, this will not prevent everyone.

It's no diferent to what a bus driver, shop worker, delivery driver or anyone working around a lot of people had to endure on a daily basis.

Of course it's not ideal or how people should act but they do.

I used to get worked up about it, I've had cars appear on road closures, an 80 year old get stuck on heras fencing, threatened, driven at, had stuff thrown at me, called a murderer I can't remember half the stuff, the answer I have found is to remove yourself from that environment.

I now live in a community .

I broke down 3 times this week in very awkward places causing people to break suddenly and hold up their day, each time people stopped and helped me and offered me assistance and got me going.

It was amazing, really puts my faith back into people.

I used to just put my head down and ignore people at the latter stages of tree work in bust urban areas, then I had enough and moved!