Labour split.

colwoodlandcare

Is it free and easy to register to the CIS scheme.

So the value I should give them should also be after I've deducted the wages I've payed the lads as well?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

http://Www.colwoodlandcare.co.uk

You might have dropped a bit of a "ball" if this is all being discussed after the contract work has been done.

One of the first questions I ask for site clearance is - "is it CIS and what are the payment terms?"

If it is CIS (and it generally should be), you will have to register as "an employer" so that you can deduct CIS from your lads/lasses gross, and an "employee" so that the main contractor can deduct from yours, and your lads/lasses will have to register as "employees" of yours.

A royal PITA! Although registering is free and, in itself quite straight forward, the tricky bit and by goodness you'll need time & patience in trying to get through to HMRC to register!

You'll need to enjoy listening to endless "press 1 for ineffective civil servant on tea break, press 2 for a government department unable to answer the phone, press 3 for something completely unrelated, press 4 to hear these options again.... etc, etc, etc.....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've worked for the gentleman who runs the company at his house but now we are working for his company and this is the first time we have worked for a contractor like this, so it's a little new to me. All going to be a learning curve.

The site we did clear and the ones he has lined up will be having buildings been built on areas we have cleared

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

http://Www.colwoodlandcare.co.uk