Faulty Forst ST6

Skyhigh_Arb

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the machine is on finance, stopping the payments is just going to get you in trouble with the finance company not the manufacturer.

Down that road lies a damaged credit rating.

Regardless who you get in trouble with, i would not be paying for a machine that was shite.

That's fine, you wouldn't have to pay for it when the finance company send the repo men to get it

Whilst you would assume the repo men would be round this is not always the case.

I you were to take the chipper back to Redwood and notify the finance company you are going to cancel the direct debits they will more than likely try and help you. Think of it like a credit card company refunding the money from a duff item or a supplier that had gone bust with your deposit.

I know of several occasions this has happened (only with cars and vans) and it has always worked out in favour of the owner. Not the dealer.

If you tell them the machine breaking is causing so much grief and financial issue you are struggling make payments, sob story about the kids eating beans on toast every meal etc etc they will probably help you out.

Thing is, they want there money back and if you cant or won't pay they are going to make sure someone will.

I would say make very sure you are in the right and have a strong paper trail to back up time spent off the road, in for repairs and bills for all the hire machines etc.

Whilst you would assume the repo men would be round this is not always the case.

I you were to take the chipper back to Redwood and notify the finance company you are going to cancel the direct debits they will more than likely try and help you. Think of it like a credit card company refunding the money from a duff item or a supplier that had gone bust with your deposit.

I know of several occasions this has happened (only with cars and vans) and it has always worked out in favour of the owner. Not the dealer.

If you tell them the machine breaking is causing so much grief and financial issue you are struggling make payments, sob story about the kids eating beans on toast every meal etc etc they will probably help you out.

Thing is, they want there money back and if you cant or won't pay they are going to make sure someone will.

I would say make very sure you are in the right and have a strong paper trail to back up time spent off the road, in for repairs and bills for all the hire machines etc.

I think you have the cart before the horse here, I didn't assume anything,

That part was all hypothetical, we don't even know where the OP is up to with this or even if the machine is even financed

Evening all, thank you for all your support and advice. I did indeed purchase the chipper through a finance agreement, and have always made my payments as the last thing I want is to get myself in trouble.

I have spent the last 18 months giving Redwood oportunties to do the right thing and provide me with a reliable product that can earn me money! On countless times I have been more then fair and even said yes it's a great chipper.......... When it works however it's unreliable and unpredictable and at the end of the day it needs to be out everyday earning me money. It's nothing personal but this is a business agreement and thus far your quids up as the finance company has paid you and I'm suffering paying for something that is not performing!

I have in fact called my finance company and explained to them the situation that I am struggling to make payment and have been getting myself further into a financial stuggle because of this chipper and that I would be cancelling my direct debit with them unless the situation was resolved.

They have been extremely understanding and helpful and completely sympathetic towards my situation and are now endeavouring to resolve this for me as they do not want me to suffer any longer. The bank are paying for a independent inspection to be carried out on the chipper to assess that it's unfit for purpose. Hopefully this will be resolved by them but it looks like it may be a long road yet, in the meantime I will just plough on and hope I do not loose my business because of this chipper that has caused me a lot of stress and I'll health!

Feeling your pain bro, hope it gets sorted out.

I entered into an expensive financial agreement once with a bit of machinery that has constantly failed to perform to the standard I expected (it was fantastic on demo, in every department).

I'm still married to her, mind.