Getting work

Bird

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad owns nursing homes and I'm responsible for the gardening at them and I also have to surgery trips for collection of medication for the people, so after my gardening duties at the nursing homes and if all the medication is collected I can therefore do my private jobs ! Win win really !!

That's ok but what happens when you have work booked in for yourself and for whatever reason your not done working for your dad?

How can that be against the law??

If someone 'takes' a job on the door knocker or on the phone (ie you contact the customer rather than them contacting you) they must give the 'client' a cooling off period of 14 days, I think this also includes orders taken on the Interweb, don't hold me to the last bit though.

Edit: Richard beat me to it.

Edited by eggsarascal

That's ok but what happens when you have work booked in for yourself and for whatever reason your not done working for your dad?

I almost never "book work in" I give all customers a rough time frame "within the next month" for example and tell them I will ring the night before we intend to come to check that the following day is convenient.

Be very careful!!!

Do you do the work there and then??

A local tarmacadam contractor was prosecuted for not giving the customer a 14 day cooling off period between cold calling and carrying out the works.

B'jesus!

I almost never "book work in" I give all customers a rough time frame "within the next month" for example and tell them I will ring the night before we intend to come to check that the following day is convenient.

If that works for you it's great I wish my customers were like that. But then I do garden maintenance so for me to say sometime in the next month is too long most of the time!

One off jobs get told sometime next month or something like that!!

I see your point