6x4 flat bed metal trailer with removable sides?

sandspider

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember that the quoted weight if with the standard equipment so the extra rear gate/ramp, mesh sides, props, jockey wheel & spare all come out of the load capacity.

:thumbup1:

Just a couple of pics of my 720, not that I'm suggesting it should used on the road like this!

Thanks, looks like a good bit of kit - might be exactly what I'm after. Do you have trouble tipping at council tips as it's twin axle? Do you need a licence to tip with it?

Have you considered an ifor p6e

Sure the sides don't come off but nothing stopping you from strapping stuff down on top of the sides. Light as anything you can pull it around with 1 hand like a wheel barrow.

I'm considering anything! Having said that, ifors may be too pricey for light usage...

Sandpiper

Get on gumtree or ebay, see whats about.. find somethin you think you can mod in some way if it ain't exactly what your looking for...

Its all about compromises, price over function..

I'd stick with the none braked trailers if I was you as well, less to go wrong.. less hassle all round..

If somethin you wanted to fit in it, don't fit in it, so what.. price over function... remind yourself you saved a couple of grand by havin the trailer you got...

ask yourself, is it worth spending two thousand pounds to move this fat arsed couch?..

:thumbup1:

Thanks, looks like a good bit of kit - might be exactly what I'm after. Do you have trouble tipping at council tips as it's twin axle? Do you need a licence to tip .

No trouble so far at council tip but I only use it for my own domestic waste.It is quite small at 7x4, unbraked and as the wheels are under the bed it looks smaller than it is.

although the payload is just over 500kgs they are quite well built, the quad tractor sitting on it is 750kgs

Narrow trailers are a pain to reverse.

TBH I have not found a problem other than not seeing the ar$e end with the sides off but on my vehicle I open the tail gate and can see ok.

Time spent reversing is so little in relation to that going forward and the ease of towing with something that stays within ones vehicle width, imo, far out way the disadvantages of former.

No trouble so far at council tip but I only use it for my own domestic waste.It is quite small at 7x4, unbraked and as the wheels are under the bed it looks smaller than it is.

although the payload is just over 500kgs they are quite well built, the quad tractor sitting on it is 750kgs

Council Tips/ recycling centres around here are more fussy. Had my 5ft 11 3/4 measured a few times. Only domestic waste but they seemed disappointed when it just complied. There was talk about banning trailers at their tips completely. Wouldn't dare take my 8 ft there.