6x4 flat bed metal trailer with removable sides?

sandspider

Bit of minefield looing at trailers in it sandpiper :)

You want them to be all things for all occasions, I gave up on looking for a low to the ground caged sides easy to take apart robust and rot proof trailoer..

I ended up biting the bullet and fixing my 750KG Lider up.. seen more work from my mates than me over the years..

anyways I ended up rigging a winch to the chassis so I can winch my Eliet shredder up on the odd occasion..

Its now back to doin what it usually does, sitting around waiting on a days work...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of minefield looing at trailers in it sandpiper :)

You want them to be all things for all occasions, I gave up on looking for a low to the ground caged sides easy to take apart robust and rot proof trailoer..

I ended up biting the bullet and fixing my 750KG Lider up.. seen more work from my mates than me over the years..

anyways I ended up rigging a winch to the chassis so I can winch my Eliet shredder up on the odd occasion..

Its now back to doin what it usually does, sitting around waiting on a days work...

Yes, it is! Might just see what crops up locally, regardless of size and detachable sides.

It came with the standard Phenolic Resin Coated Ply floor. That lasted about 10 years. Replaced it with a thicker recycled plastic chipboard stuff. Not a good call. About half the price but wont last 20% of the time.

Thanks. Can you not get a galvanised metal floor that will last longer, maybe forever?

Yes, it is! Might just see what crops up locally, regardless of size and detachable sides.

Thanks. Can you not get a galvanised metal floor that will last longer, maybe forever?

You can get pretty much what you want if your willing to pay for a bespoke trailer I would think. I've seen trailers with Ali planks as the floor

It was a consideration. I do lots of metal work so could sort it easily. The main reason for not doing it was noise. Empty trailers rattle like buggery. A metal floor would be loud when empty. Then when you drop stuff metal floors dont like that while a ply one just bounces.

I guess noise wise if I welded it at every point it touched it would not be too bad. Would make it very solid.