Scotland Rugby

Billhook

Very sorry to see Scotland go out in such a way. Completely robbed!

However they can hold their heads high as they played so well and can now progress with a greater confidence.

So many crucial bad decisions against the Scots. If it had been an English referee I hate to think what might have happened!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sorry to see Scotland go out in such a way. Completely robbed!

However they can hold their heads high as they played so well and can now progress with a greater confidence.

So many crucial bad decisions against the Scots. If it had been an English referee I hate to think what might have happened!

I don't think we were robbed since the aussie's beat us on the try count. Scotland played well and were much more competitive than expected.no referee gets it totally correct but several decisions were unfortunate and questionable.

What doesn''t kill you makes you stronger. Just sign the online petition to ban craig Joubert from scotland!

I don't think we were robbed since the aussie's beat us on the try count. Scotland played well and were much more competitive than expected.no referee gets it totally correct but several decisions were unfortunate and questionable.

What doesn''t kill you makes you stronger. Just sign the online petition to ban craig Joubert from scotland!í*½í¸

I don't think Joubert should be vilified. IMO the tmo was more to blame.

It was the tmo that petty much forced his hand to bin a scot for 10min for the non existent intentional slap down.

From the field position of Joubert when he awarded that final penalty, it would've looked certain that it came off a scot. Even if not asked the tmo should have quickly reviewed that vital decision and sent him a word in his ear.

I don't think Joubert should be vilified. IMO the tmo was more to blame.

It was the tmo that petty much forced his hand to bin a scot for 10min for the non existent intentional slap down.

From the field position of Joubert when he awarded that final penalty, it would've looked certain that it came off a scot. Even if not asked the tmo should have quickly reviewed that vital decision and sent him a word in his ear.

I fully agree - the ref made an honest call base on what he saw. However he is performing on a world stage and only a world class performance will do. World Rugby has said that he was wrong in his ruling but that he was correct not to consult the TMO. That imo is garbage, firstly if a penalty is awarded then foul play is involved and secondly the protocol needs to be changed before another poor soul makes a clown of himself before the world.

Also interesting to note no citation for late charge on hogg

Sure the ref made a bad call, but the Scots made a bad call throwing long in the line-out, where a throw to the front would have sufficed. We lost the game due to bad decisions, just look at Finn Russell when he caught the ball inside his 22, instead of calling a mark he opted to give a dreadful pass which in turn led to the Aussies running in another try.

We have improved a bit since the 6 nations, but we are still not near to the level of the Aussies or any of the other semi finalists. Time will help, but there's still a need for a conveyor belt of young talent to nurture and guide in the right direction