Wood burner or multi fuel

Stoatally

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually found the booklet for it after my fiancée reminded me that the last people left a great folder of booklets.

I found it under they installation certificate that I must have overlooked in the past.

I'll check it for a measurement for the gap to the wall. The installation plate thing was done retrospectively during the conveyancing while we bought the house

I take it that multifuel will be easier to keep a fire in overnight with some coal or similar?

i've used multi fuel stoves for years burning just wood, no bother, sometimes i have removed the grate or stuck a but of sheet steel down o nthe grate (depending on design) if just using wood.

best thing to do is have a good winter experimenting with it, then you'll know a bit more about it

We've moved to the countryside and have what we were told is a wood burner. I think it might be a multi fuel as it has a riddle plate, bottom air slide and an ash tray which I didn't think you got on wood burners.

Is there anyway to tell for sure. It's also the one thing they didn't leave us a manual for :001_rolleyes:

I'm happy if it is wood as we have enough for at least one winter, but would like to know if we can stick other stuff on, maybe got later on to try and keep it on overnight

Hi mate my DAD runs Vermont it been running 3 weeks now non stop just runs on hard wood NO COAL with a Eco air max fan on to great stove runs on all small bits off splitter of hard wood oak beech ash thanks all Jon

I have an Aarrow stove, the riddle lever has two positions, down is for burning wood and up is for solid fuel, if you look at the grate when moving the lever you will see that the coal setting has much larger gaps in the grate to allow more air through. The trick is to allow the ash to build up on the grate for a couple of days and then only riddle it occasionally. PM me if you want any more info.