Wood burner or multi fuel

Stoatally

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its an Aarrow Ecoburn, but an older model. I note installation date is 2015, that must have been on someones shelf for a long time as the current model Ecoburn Plus has been running for almost 2 years.

Stove is multifuel, so can burn wood, smokeless coal and some types of smokeless fuel, there is a list of approved fuels in the owners manual below.

Please do not burn ordinary bituminous house coal in it or petrolium based smokeless fuels. Both burn very hotly and will damage the stove, the damage is not covered under any manufacturers warranty and bituminous coal burns very dirtily so will clag up the glass and b, in some situations the firebox can explode when you open the door.

PM me for more info if required.

Stove user manual is here:

http://www.aradastoves.com/pdf/manuals/bk530-rev11.pdf

If you also want my stove owner tips for best operation manual for this stove again please pm me with an e mail address. I am an Arada Platinum dealer.

A

Edited by Alycidon

You can make the plate say anything generally 316 is for wood only there are some exceptions, we swept a 316 liner a couple of weeks ago which was 2 yrs old and it was falling to bits as we swept it, solid fuel was the culprit! Just be carful.

Good quality 316 is fine for wood and smokeless coal and very occasional smokeless fuel use providing the stove is not closed down (slumbered) for long periods.

Slumbering the stove, using over a boiler stove, burning smokeless fuel regularly then use 904.

Cheap 316 as supplied on the web is built to a price, we now will not install any customer supplied liner, the quality is just to poor.

A

Its an Aarrow Ecoburn, but an older model. I note installation date is 2015, that must have been on someones shelf for a long time as the current model Ecoburn Plus has been running for almost 2 years.

A

I think it was installed about 2006 when the original cottage was renovated and extended. We bought it a couple of months ago, and during the conveyancing process the solilicitor noted a lack of documentation for the fireplace etc so the vendors got someone in to certify it retrospectively.

I'm not sure how good that is or anything but it meant it all went through ok.

I'm probably only going to burn wood in it, saves having to buy anything else although maybe some smokeless coal or similar to keep a fire in during the depth of winter - ward off the central heating from the old part of the house.

I think it was installed about 2006 when the original cottage was renovated and extended. We bought it a couple of months ago, and during the conveyancing process the solilicitor noted a lack of documentation for the fireplace etc so the vendors got someone in to certify it retrospectively.

I'm not sure how good that is or anything but it meant it all went through ok.

I'm probably only going to burn wood in it, saves having to buy anything else although maybe some smokeless coal or similar to keep a fire in during the depth of winter - ward off the central heating from the old part of the house.

It is a good stove and will serve you well. Your local Arada dealer should be able to supply spares as required or they can be bought direct from the Arada web site.

Any problems with it in service like glass going black pm me.

A