Where to draw the line......

moole

There are many French who believe a tree butchered is value for money.

We try all we can to offer a quality service and thankfully our business is in a position where we can walk away from a potential job of shame should the client refuse to come around to our way of thinking.

Ty

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:banghead::banghead:

As I said, it's just a thought. I made no remark as to whether I take that stance or not. ;)

From people asking the question such as the OP has, it is evident that there's an inherent desire or preference not to do what is being required by the customer in such instances of poor tree work, though one merely seeks to rationalise going against their desire by explaining-away the situation with "but follow the money" and / or "well the customer is always right".

Again, an observation only. I am not masquerading my opinions within these observations.

Some older specimens will have a TPO, but if not, then what I'm getting at is yes many grand old trees in gardens will have been killed by 'pruning' works, but compared to the amount of trees lost to make way for new housing estates and other development the environmental impact is low

If you buy a field somewhere and leave it, ten years later will be loads of oak etc that the birds have put in there - a lady near me did it and twenty years later she has loads of oaks - if someone else bought the land and concreted it with 50 houses the oaks etc would not have grown.

Edited by tree-fancier123

What happens if the garden tree is a veteran and thus retained tree from an old hedgerow, but it's not preserved? And the spec' is "top it" / "cut half off".

Don't sweat it, the builder spent a couple of months tracking all sorts of plant over the roots, altering soil levels, installing services and such like.

Years ago I was helping an old chap cutting up a Huge wind blown horse chestnut a real specimen near enough on the lawn of a big country house on a well known estate he said to me they won't spend a penny on these lovely old trees it's totally wrong if they had cut back some branches too balance the tree up it would have saved it

his comment was very true.

" if one Lord won't look after it then the other one will"