recovered stolen machines, please read

Mark_Skyland

Even if I had registered my stuff before it was stolen (£6k worth of saws, blowers etc) the old bill wouldn't have got em back as they didn't even bother to take a list of what was nicked!

Perhaps if you had the kit listed that might have had a different outcome????

It shouldn't be this way but unfortunately the price of security is eternal vigilance

Complacency makes life easier for those up to no good

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guilty of not putting my kit on arbsafe even though I was cleared out 6 months ago. I should do it I know. It's something I have been meaning to do and haven't got round to - piss poor I know.

Even if I had registered my stuff before it was stolen (£6k worth of saws, blowers etc) the old bill wouldn't have got em back as they didn't even bother to take a list of what was nicked!

That's not entirely true. Arbsafe would be cross referenced when it was recovered.

There's a huge increase in organise thefts such as yours, often drug related. I know the police often do raids on such, where kit such as this is recovered.

Hi

Well I think its an excellent idea & I dont run an Arb buisness but do have a few saws & strimmers etc.

I can see a time when Arb insurers insist a registrar of equipment be part of the T&Cs of provision.

It is unfortunate the police dont treat this more seriously as it has a very detrimental effect on buisnesses.

Well done Steve

N

no i havnt , i under stand its point very well,

Ah right, I didnt think someone could be so negative without understanding what it was about:laugh1:

Seriously, apologise if you did understand, its just from your posts it looks like you think its a pointless exercise.

These machines do get recovered every day, tracing the owners is a difficult task.

I have a list of over 40 machines from hedge cutters to lawn mowers to nail guns to whizzers, only 4 have had the serial number removed.

Now if everyone of those owners had signed up to arbsafe a huge percentage of the machines would have been traced back to the owners.

A bit of a no brainer really.

Just because registering has no real benefit at that moment in time doesnt make it not worthwhile.

Besides, if you are insured and they get stolen the insurance company will probably want to know the serial numbers, when and where it was purchased from(ours did). How easy would it be to login into arbsafe and find all that info!

Steve will have spent a vast amount of money and time to basically benefit you. Why not take 5 minutes to reap those benefits and help Steve along the way.

Ah right, I didnt think someone could be so negative without understanding what it was about:laugh1:

Seriously, apologise if you did understand, its just from your posts it looks like you think its a pointless exercise.

These machines do get recovered every day, tracing the owners is a difficult task.

I have a list of over 40 machines from hedge cutters to lawn mowers to nail guns to whizzers, only 4 have had the serial number removed.

Now if everyone of those owners had signed up to arbsafe a huge percentage of the machines would have been traced back to the owners.

A bit of a no brainer really.

Just because registering has no real benefit at that moment in time doesnt make it not worthwhile.

Besides, if you are insured and they get stolen the insurance company will probably want to know the serial numbers, when and where it was purchased from(ours did). How easy would it be to login into arbsafe and find all that info!

Steve will have spent a vast amount of money and time to basically benefit you. Why not take 5 minutes to reap those benefits and help Steve along the way.

Agree entirely & a big +1 from me Mark

N

I listed all my stuff when Steve first set it up but have been a bit slack about updating it since, keep saying to myself "I must do that".

Steve, would it be possible to set up a way to print or down load a list of your equipment. Just thinking of ways that it would then be helpful to businesses of having a kit list. Could then be used to aid:-

- PUWER records.

- up to date list to send to Ins.co for tool ins.

- fixed asset register for the accounts.

I have many plans for arbsafe, one of them being to make the asset list downloadable in a pdf format or similar. The thing is, I have invested a certain amount of money already and need to reach some sort of landmark in terms of activity before I can risk investing more funds. I am just one man with limited funds, perhaps a big company could have afforded to have done everything all at once, but unfortunately I can't.

When we have a quite moment Steve I will get one of the lads to list all the numbers and i will get everything listed on arbsafe, yes it's a pain but having been turned over a few times ( jonny Walker spotted my chipper on line after it was stolen ) I know the gut wrenching feeling. Once done I will send a donation for the service.

ive never really thought about listing my kit because im not in the tree related work, but id be stupid not to list my strimmers, leaf blowers etc. i guess i can list the push mowers aswell? and the ride on mowers? what about ifor williams trailer? since it costs nothing to do it can only benifit me in the long run so worth the time to list it. well done for taking the time and money to set this up, hopefully it will be worth it for you after investing so much. anything we can do to stop the little sh*ts getting away with our kit the better!