how many conifers do you work on

simonm

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't do conny topping any more as such.

I'll do it if we can hedge cut the sides, but if they're totally out of control I just refuse. They just get wider and wider till they need felling anyway.

Life's too short.

Still kill loads though. As Steve says they seem to come in waves.

Actually I cant remember the last time I had to do a horrible conifer reduction...im talking about the ones that are 15ft wide, 200ft long and take a couple days. Constant lopper work is a killer on the elbows

I reckon that's probably because I seem to have had all of them this year.

I love it. Working connies efficiently is as much a skill as any other part of tree work.

Actually I cant remember the last time I had to do a horrible conifer reduction...im talking about the ones that are 15ft wide, 200ft long and take a couple days. Constant lopper work is a killer on the elbows

I like using my 150 on these types, faster than silky and loppers. Every time I do a stinking coni hedge I dream of an invention of a hand chainsaw the size of a gomtaro (battery operated or something)

The last coni we did was 180 ft 40ft high fire damaged idiot had fire next to garden shed it went up wind blowing through it by the time the fire brigade put it out there was no green left on them.

Got a job to look at tomorrow 5 fire damaged coni don't care what I'm working on as long as Were working.