Who greases

aspenarb

I grease my digger and also the postknocker on the tractor every 8 hours and pump it till the grease is coming out the sides- it does no harm with bushes- however i believe slews and bearings are a different matter as you can overgrease and blow the seals? these i do every 50 hours.

Just got a box of graphite grease- just used up the red lithium i had (both from Clarke forest) not sure which is best- the graphite seems tackier possibly.

I'd also be interested in any reccomendations for a cordless greaser. its such a faff with standard manual ones.

I grease the chippers and grinder regular i use one of the sealey guns but there can be a bit of mess if the bearing has any hardened grease or blockages in there as it won't put it in, i keep a manual gun for those occasions, once clear it puts the grease in fast.

Sealey CPG18V 18v Cordless Grease Gun including Battery, Charger & Carry Case | eBay

I'm a greaser (an old mod, really).

If it's got a nipple I grease it.

You can grease my nipples whenever you fancy babe :001_smile:

Yes in the real world /site work the young 360/180 drivers don't seem to want to do the daily grease duty ? When they do they kinda miss some important grease points ? This is me speaking from my observations of site work .

As mentioned you can overgrease when theres seals involved.

Also things like uj's excess grease can cause dirt to stick and cause a slight abrasive action which can be drawn in when hot if not using hi temp etc.

In general terms tho a few pumps on each nipple ;-) is always good on a regular basis and don't go overkill.

Im sure we are all guilty of overgreasing if we have plenty of time and undergreasing when in a hurry or "it wont hurt another day without greasing" scenario....

Thought you would have delegated greasing duties to your lads. I think you've a couple of 'keepers' there:thumbup1:

Grease little and often, and it's a good time to cast an eye over a machine while doing it

They do it aswell Gary, yeah there both really good guys.