What job would you retrain in???

mikecotterill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I really did re- train I'd probably be looking at teaching as a serious choice. I did alot of environmental education when I worked as a countryside ranger.

Buzz, where were you a countryside ranger? Did a bit of that myself, but got out of it for that very reason. To much emphasis on environmental interpretation at the expense of the practical and natural history side that got me into it in the first place. If i wanted to be a teacher, i would at least expect a teachers salary and benefits and not the measly wage they expect wardens/rangers to exist on as they do the job "for the love of it" :mad1:

i can honestly say i wouldnt choose to retrain in anything else, sure it has its bad days but imo the good definately outways the bad, nothing like going home after a big takedown or reduction thats gone just right, not many jobs where you get such a mixed group of people who all genuinely enjoy their job as you do in the tree world either, just my opinion anyway!