Buying petrol at Morrisons

humpo48

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might well be wrong but I'm fairly sure there's a limit on how much fuel you can transport without needing a special licence and I think it's possibly 5ltrs, anything after that would require a licence, your insurance company will need to be informed and your vehicle would need to be clearly marked with those diamond shaped sticker things so that the emergency services know what's in your vehicle incase of an accident !...

Edited by TORNADOS7

I might well be wrong but I'm fairly sure there's a limit on how much fuel you can transport without needing a special licence and I think it's possibly 5ltrs, anything after that would require a licence, your insurance company will need to be informed and your vehicle would need to be clearly marked with those diamond shaped sticker things so that the emergency services know what's in your vehicle incase of an accident !...

You are indeed wrong.

Its entirely up to the individual retailer if they let you fill cans or indeed sell you any fuel all

That seems to be the case around here. 1 refusal, 10 litre max, another didn't care. Tesco man came and checked what we were filling and said fine go ahead. 2 jerry cans and a few plastic. I used to think 5 Ltr plastic 10 Ltr steel but all have different views so it seems.

As Jon says asda unmanned has to be the best.

True, but I think the original post was more about him being told it was against the law to do it.

Yes that's right, my truck is marked up that I am a tree surgeon, it carries a diamond flammable sticker (as we all should) all petrol is stored and carried correctly. So why refuse me? All I am doing is trying like all of us, is make a living just like Morrisons. Not to much to ask, is it?

Edited by humpo48

Been told twice now quite severely by Morrisons that I can only fill one Jerrycan up at a time and its against the law to fill anymore than one at a time so called EU regulations. Anyone else had this problem?

Solution I've found is late night pay-at-pump; no-one to preach at you.

Bring on The Apocalypse!

Be careful what you wish for! It won't be a Zombie apocalypse either, but an A-I machine one...