• Stihl 261CM
    • Husqvarna 550xp

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys really felt the need to post those sarcy comments? Didn't use a search function as I wanted relevant up-to-date opinions. Keyboard warriors; you didn't post a reply when the thread went up, but now your piping up when a couple of other lads are having a genuine conversation about some echo saws. The threads old news. So are your views. NFG - "Ching chong chinaman"???? That's no better than using the "N" word. Wind your neck in

Thankfully, political correctness dosnt exist in France & theres not a great deal of it here either.

N

Edited by NFG

Having used several classical and Strato equipped saws in the 50cc region, for an all rounder saw, I would pick the 550XPG heated handles option. More agile, lighter, and cheaper than the Stihl counterpart. Electronically controlled carburetors has been working excellent for the saws I've used. However for milling the manually adjustable carburator of the MS362Q-C was of our priority.

After much dithering a week ago, I chose a 550xp. I didn't consider a Stihl because of previous appalling after sales service from Stihl UK.

My brand new 550xp does not start easily when warm and I suspect two weeks from now it will be behaving as poorly as my other two Husky saws.

I am very annoyed by this and would have bought an Echo if they did one in the same size.

...My brand new 550xp does not start easily when warm and I suspect two weeks from now it will be behaving as poorly as my other two Husky saws.

I am very annoyed by this and would have bought an Echo if they did one in the same size.

Basically a twostroke engine needs only a new spark plug and Aspen alkylat to run. Pump away any wapour lock, and don't use the choke initially, when engine is warm. Hopefully the saws training sequence will optimize the run conditions in due time. Seldom it's the M-Tronic or the AutoTune to blame.

After much dithering a week ago, I chose a 550xp. I didn't consider a Stihl because of previous appalling after sales service from Stihl UK.

My brand new 550xp does not start easily when warm and I suspect two weeks from now it will be behaving as poorly as my other two Husky saws.

You've buggered up the 550 already?!

• 2 weeks later...

take it back, get the dealer to put the lap top on it. Mine (560XP) was crap when warm, after it blew up it came back from Husky running lovelly and has hardly put a foot wrong since.

A