Alpine tractor talk

the village idiot

I went for another BCS Valliant, the new one is 56 hp compared to the old one at 46, I had the old one seven years, it has made me a lot of money in that time, I wouldn't be without one now. I'd be interested to know what sort of production figures you get with yours in terms of tonnage rates etc. I have toyed with the idea of a wee timber trailer for mine a few times.

I went for another BCS Valliant, the new one is 56 hp compared to the old one at 46, I had the old one seven years, it has made me a lot of money in that time, I wouldn't be without one now. I'd be interested to know what sort of production figures you get with yours in terms of tonnage rates etc. I have toyed with the idea of a wee timber trailer for mine a few times.

CHC reckons around 20 ton a day with decent log presentation and a fair wind. He has 50hp AGT and a 3 ton trailer.

Once I'm up to speed on it I'll let you know.

The tractors a bcs vithar 900rs it's 84hp the tongs and front winch mounting were designed and made by Ed at IED solutions who is on here. The tongs were designed specifically for the tractor and work exceptionally well. The slew on the arm took Ed some designing but it's ace in thinnings where you may not be able to get onto the hand cut stacks squarely. The front winch tray contains a 5t rated stepson hydraulic winch for self recovery if needed and pulling the odd stick about.

I should add the tongs can be used for lifting logs as you can get the butt into the middle and then lift them off the ground. I will try and find a pic

When it's dualed up the tractor will drive over stuff you will struggle to walk through. In that pic above the moss was to the top of my wellies, the tractor just drove round on top with no marks left.

The tractors a bcs vithar 900rs it's 84hp the tongs and front winch mounting were designed and made by Ed at IED solutions who is on here. The tongs were designed specifically for the tractor and work exceptionally well. The slew on the arm took Ed some designing but it's ace in thinnings where you may not be able to get onto the hand cut stacks squarely. The front winch tray contains a 5t rated stepson hydraulic winch for self recovery if needed and pulling the odd stick about.

I should add the tongs can be used for lifting logs as you can get the butt into the middle and then lift them off the ground. I will try and find a pic

When it's dualed up the tractor will drive over stuff you will struggle to walk through. In that pic above the moss was to the top of my wellies, the tractor just drove round on top with no marks left.

Awesome tractor, I love it!!!

Looks an awesome bit of kit !!

I waved good bye to mine today, sad to see it go its been a good machine, the first 'big' thing I bought new. Hopefully have the new one by the end of the week though, that will probably shake me out of my sentimentality.

Edit: for anyone looking for a second hand one, Kilworths will probably have it for sale soon..