Busy Plod

aspenarb

When you have been burgled and lost everything and your lively hood is on the line and plod says we don't have the resources available to look into it reading this would leave a sour taste in your mouth!

Indeed, but if you or a loved one were badly injured (or your truck and chipper written off) by an uninsured driver, you'd be pleased they were doing something to stop that, surely?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have been burgled and lost everything and your lively hood is on the line and plod says we don't have the resources available to look into it reading this would leave a sour taste in your mouth!

Don't get me wrong, I think anyone that steals a workman's tools is absolute scum that deserves 20 years in a Siberian gulag.

However, our society generally values human life over material possessions. That's why the police put more time into vehicle safety as opposed to stolen goods.

Indeed, but if you or a loved one were badly injured (or your truck and chipper written off) by an uninsured driver, you'd be pleased they were doing something to stop that, surely?

Your not wrong, But how come they have resources to tackle motorists but not burglarys and rural crime?

Don't get me wrong, I think anyone that steals a workman's tools is absolute scum that deserves 20 years in a Siberian gulag.

However, our society generally values human life over material possessions. That's why the police put more time into vehicle safety as opposed to stolen goods.

That and that we are an easy target!

Your not wrong, But how come they have resources to tackle motorists but not burglarys and rural crime?

You know the outcry when a driver kills someone and gets 'only' 4 years prison but would have got life if he'd done it with a gun or knife?

Well I think dangerous or uninsured cars are now seen as potentially lethal weapons so when the Police target motorists they are actually dealing with something that has the potential to threaten life, which makes the matter a priority for them.

I don't get when every thing is registered online for mot and tax why can't they just visit every person at there home and fine them.

Herts and Essex police have one of the biggest problems in the country with theft why didn't they put that money in surveillance or the raiding of certain sites instead of being the mass business the police are now becoming making money from fining people who don't have there safety belt or Nearly worn tyre, it's a joke.

I don't get when every thing is registered online for mot and tax why can't they just visit every person at there home and fine them.

Herts and Essex police have one of the biggest problems in the country with theft why didn't they put that money in surveillance or the raiding of certain sites instead of being the mass business the police are now becoming making money from fining people who don't have there safety belt or Nearly worn tyre, it's a joke.

Those who don't TAX, MOT or insure their motors often don't register them in their own name or address, thats why cars are now seized and crushed.

Yes but if police cars are fitted with plate recognition that automatically tells them it has no tax or mot surely the cars fitted with this can just drive around doing there business as usual that is what they had all this equipment fitted for in the first place with out the need to launch an operation costing thousands and causing traffic issues.

While I take your point, surely tyres need changing "before" they become illegal, otherwise you have committed an offence, so by definition tyres should be changed when "nearly illegal", so the plod were correct really.

Where do we draw the line here though, what is the definition of nearly illegal ?

They are there to enforce the law, not make it.

The tyres were due to be changed anyway.

A very bitter taste indeed.

Sadly I have no faith what so ever in Essex police, they really are nothing but incompetent imo

In our last incident it took them 30 minutes to get here, when they did the officers said "sorry we have taken so long to get here but our resources are so tight we have had to travel a fair way to get here" and that was at 2am in the morning.

I have nothing wrong with what they are doing in theory but it is obviously being done at the expense of community policing, living and driving a lot in the county these types of checks are becoming scarily common, and the resources they use is shocking.

Where do we draw the line here though, what is the definition of nearly illegal ?

They are there to enforce the law, not make it.

The tyres were due to be changed anyway.

It was you who used the term "nearly illegal", my guess would be a few hundred miles from being illegal.

What did they say would happen if the tyres weren't changed??

You are always free to choose to go to court rather than accept a fixed penalty or some other instruction from a police officer.