Busiest times of year?

SPC Trees

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always hated landscaping, once I have been on the same site for more than 3 days I start to get bored and pi55ed off with it. We still do the odd job though..

For us the busy season all year round these days, apart from feb and march which are mental, as all the LA's try and spend their budgets..

I have always hated landscaping, once I have been on the same site for more than 3 days I start to get bored and pi55ed off with it. We still do the odd job though..

For us the busy season all year round these days, apart from feb and march which are mental, as all the LA's try and spend their budgets..

What is it you hate about it.

If your harts not init there is little point in doing it unless employing others with a flair for it.

I'm in Australia so my busiest time of year is summer because we get higher rainfall which, combined with higher temperatures, makes the trees grow fast. I don't know how you poor pommies go waiting forever for your trees to grow.

We can get a couple of metres growth in some trees in a year.

Jan to April

Site clearance for development, they usually leave it last minute.

Now is quite season have to resort to domestic which is depressing

Its funny how we are all different :001_smile:

I much prefer domestic work, personal contact with the end user, tea, coffee, cake, genuinely appreciative customers who are often amazed at what we can do, bank transfer at the end of the job :thumbup:

Commercial work is often (to quote another member re firewood) "Doing the unprofitable for the ungrateful":thumbdown: Muddy sites, other men and equipment often in the way or breathing down your neck. Jumping through ridiculous H&S hoops for some clueless pen pusher. And then after all that your waiting weeks or months for the money, NO thanks!!!

Summer months are definitely the busiest for us. 3-4 days of quotes a week with 2 teams out 6 days a week means we are very busy and growing.

Having said that we find we are steady through the winter.

Domestic for us too.

The last couple of years I have been busy all year round but that was because I took on a couple of grounds maintenance jobs managing 12 & 14 acre sites during the recession so I have a good mix of tree work, hedge & grounds maintenance.

Its funny how we are all different :001_smile:

I much prefer domestic work, personal contact with the end user, tea, coffee, cake, genuinely appreciative customers who are often amazed at what we can do, bank transfer at the end of the job :thumbup:

Commercial work is often (to quote another member re firewood) "Doing the unprofitable for the ungrateful":thumbdown: Muddy sites, other men and equipment often in the way or breathing down your neck. Jumping through ridiculous H&S hoops for some clueless pen pusher. And then after all that your waiting weeks or months for the money, NO thanks!!!

I'm the opposite I think commercial where I am is where I make great money. Yes there's a lot of paperwork and normally a 28 day wait to get paid.

I find domestic can be a real take the p sometimes especially as there are a large number of companies willing to work for very little.

For me my busy time is July-March with a lull now. By which I mean I normally drop from 6 weeks booked up in advance to 3 weeks. So still very busy but I find being able to stack up some domestic work whilst we're on a 7 day clearance has been able to ride me through quieter periods compared to the ones who only do domestic and are rather quieter at the moment.

I think it breaks down to a few factors

A) the type of work

B) what type of work

C) size of jobs you can undertake. (Site clearance, highways clearances, etc)