Help to quote for this job

t0ny0k

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They get rewarded by their wages.

Yes, but how far out of their way will these rewarded people go out of their way for you?

I do some work for one company that look after me well. (I get to keep all the scrap, lots of the time this is more than my day rate) In return I have moved other work about at the last minute to help them out, gone out on weekends etc.

Works both ways!

Yes, but how far out of their way will these rewarded people go out of their way for you?

I do some work for one company that look after me well. (I get to keep all the scrap, lots of the time this is more than my day rate) In return I have moved other work about at the last minute to help them out, gone out on weekends etc.

Works both ways!

You would like to think so wouldn't you but alas I have found the better you treat people the less you get out of them.

You would like to think so wouldn't you but alas I have found the better you treat people the less you get out of them.

It works for me Hodge. When I'm on someone else's job I will ALWAYS be the first one at their yard/site on a morning. I'll try my best to get the job done in the time allotted (if not quicker, we all like an early finish).

subbing ain't that difficult, turn up BEFORE time, get the job done, draw Ya 'Tut', go home...:001_smile:

It works for me Hodge. When I'm on someone else's job I will ALWAYS be the first one at their yard/site on a morning. I'll try my best to get the job done in the time allotted (if not quicker, we all like an early finish).

subbing ain't that difficult, turn up BEFORE time, get the job done, draw Ya 'Tut', go home...:001_smile:

That what I like in people too and I would be the same if I was subbing for people. The thing is I try to be fair with people working for me, job and knock, pints or bacon buttys and a bit extra if possible but I sometimes feel it's one way traffic.

I've always worked job and knock, but I appreciate it's different/difficult if you've got more staff.

The sharp finishes more than make up for the late ones, though, as said.

I wouldn't pay extra for crap jobs, but I always split the tips.

A couple of years ago a barrister gave us a tip in a brown envelope, saying 'you guys have done a bloody good job, have a few drinks on me'.

We headed to a local pub where Peroni had just hit £5/pint.

Anyone guess the contents of the envelope?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk