Anyone still advertise in yellow pages and yell.com?

Rye Oil Ltd

I ditched them three years ago after using them for 2 years, first years results were very poor, the regional manager rehashed things and promised massive improvements, year 2 was worse !!.

Use the web and small local area mags that are issued a few times a year, people keep them.

A

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told today by Yell that your site will come up on yell if someone does a direct search for your name, you have a free listing.

I ditched them today after 31 years of advertising with them.

They made a fatal mistake of putting call counters on all of our adverts last year and it backfired on them :)

Yellow pages used to be our main source of work but times move on.

This guy searched for grounds care contractors and we came up on

Used them once about 15 years ago, pointless advertising right next to a few pages of your competition ,

Facebook is the way forward, set up a free page and away you go

Facebook is not that good for getting work we have a few pages on facebook never got any big jobs off it just good for people seeing what your up to.

Websites the way forward best thing we have ever done

This guy searched for grounds care contractors and we came up on

Haha it was probably another one of their dodgy sales tactics to try and get me to stay. "you will get broader search terms"

You can have a basic listing on Yell.com with 10 key word searches for under £200 a year. I have that and get reasonable traffic for the outlay.

Advertising is a tricky one. I used adwords for a bit but you can burn through money very quickly without getting any results. My approach is a mix - sign written vehicles, local adverts, some flyers in key locations, a search-engine friendly website.