• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have a trailer that weighs 250kg and can carry 750kg

Another 2 Ifors that weigh 1000kg and can carry 2.5t

But for most of their working life they are not loaded to the max.

The chipper axles are carrying the max every day!

For longetivity they should really be rated not to the limit but well in excess.

If I follow the truck and chipper I can see that the whole chippers running gear looks to be heavily loaded as it bounces along behind over the inevitable French potholes.

But why do the other trailers not suffer from this problem?

Ty

Just looked these up they wright a fair bit over 750kg. It's pretty poor this happening as it's such a new product too. But it seems strange anyone's bothering to buy them when you need B+E to tow it but it's only a 6" chipper...and the axles are made of cheese?

I don't think it really matters on make,chipper axels are pretty much loaded to the max all the time so a smack off a pot hole will do some damage,I would always opt for a hd axel if it was available, I do agree with the comet above about owners driving and slowing down,I see some chippers almost bouncing down the road.

True that!

My Jensen has hit a million of Surrey's finest pot holes and no damage, which has always amazed me because the roads here are truly awful!

Its common sense when you think about, if you copy a product why are people going to by the copy rather than the original?? The only way is to reduce its price, how can you reduce the price?? Simply use cheaper components.

IME you get what you pay for.

Personally I really dislike copies, I try not to buy them, just fells wrong to me.

To be fair, the axle is a brought in component which is only supplied with a limited warranty at best, from the original makers. It is quite common for the owner to be asked to buy the replacement and retrospectively try to get the costs back through warranty. If the axle manufacturer cannot find a manufacturing fault, they would deem that it has failed through bad driving practice and therefore not their problem.

A warranty policy document and a good sales practice should make sure that what is covered, for how long and what the warranty procedures is, are an open subject with nothing hidden. No company would offer any kind of consequential losses either.

There we have it from a manufacturer, am not sure where people are getting the copy thing from? It is not a copy,yes there are design ques taken from jensen and the same engine but the infeed,rollers and quite a bit more is totally different.