Stihl ms193t

simon@BGS

Hi guys

I'm after a new top handled saw after bastards stole all my gear a short while ago and have been borrowing up until now.

Has anyone had any experience with the new 193t or the older 192t?

Is it just a lesser powered 200t?

Or might try my luck and try and find a good second hand 200t for around £350 or so

Thanks guys

Reports are a little thin on the ground about the 193 yet but I'd be interested too to hear anyone's opinions on it.

I do however have a lot of experience with the 192. Mine was one of the very first made and served me well, to be rebuilt last year back to its former glory.

Yes, it's less power than a 200 but its not supposed to do what a 200 does! Mine was muffler modded when new though, and realistically it will almost keep up with a 200, most certainly better than the early 201s.

If the 193 is comparable to its predecessor, you need to weigh up if it's upto your work. That is, if you only intend to buy one topper for now and you do mainly dismantles this isn't the best option. If you do mainly formative pruning it'll be great.

In a perfect world you'd have a full size topper and a 192/3.

Hope that helps.

I have had one for a couple of months now. it came to £360 all in delivered from Poland. When I first got it it was really slow to pick up revs, but after about 15 tanks of fuel it fly's through wood and is now my favourite saw. I would say it is a better compromise than the MS150 as it is quite happy to keep cutting up to the length of its bar with a hardly noticeable weight difference.

Thanks for replys guys, I used to have a stihl 150t and a husky t540xp but sadly some git knicked them.

Will do some more searching and see if I can find a good second hand 200t, I do all types of tree work so think the 200t will be more suited to my needs.

I don't fancy buying a new 201t because I have just heard bad reviews on them and won't buy another t540xp as my one was falling apart

I know you's were specific about saw type but I have an echo 280 tes. From using my friends 193 it's a little lighter and got just as much guts. It's my second saw and runs an 8inch bar and chain, despite being bought as my second top handle it does two thirds plus of the work as it's capable, light and the ergonomics are very good. The bar seems well made also.

I've thrown my spanner in the works, time to go.

Thanks for replys guys, I used to have a stihl 150t and a husky t540xp but sadly some git knicked them.

Will do some more searching and see if I can find a good second hand 200t, I do all types of tree work so think the 200t will be more suited to my needs.

I don't fancy buying a new 201t because I have just heard bad reviews on them and won't buy another t540xp as my one was falling apart

As I just said on the other thread, get yourself the new 201 M-Tronic when it comes out :thumbup:

Saying that, I have used the 150 too, and its a great little saw, for little jobs. But only when you have your 201T-C for the bigger jobs. But then you need lots of money to buy 2 saws.........

• 3 months later...