Stihl ms193t

simon@BGS

Really? I ran a 192 a while back and it was far from gutless.

Same. Find it has more than enough grunt to do all but the biggest dismantles but is still lighter than the 200. The carving bar improves things further. We got ours before the 150 was released and is around the same price. Actually decided I wasn't going to buy a new 201 for my own business but go with either one of these or a 150. I think the 192/193 covers more bases for me so that'll probably be the pick.

Im sure it's a good saw, running the husky range atm so haven't used a 241 have had a 261 though. I just mean I can't see a point is so many closely specified saws! Must be a nightmare for dealers to stock parts for the range

Ah I see - sorry misunderstood you. I suppose they don't necessarily market them thinking folks will buy all the range.

Eg if you're only going to buy one top handle then a 193 would cover that base albeit not excell where the 150 or 200/1 do. If you have the 200/1 and a 150 then yes I don't see the point.

18stoner just wanted to know if your mods on your 192c has improved that saw a lot? I just bought one the guy I'm getting it from bought it new used it he said mabey 10 time wound up with M.S and can no longer use a saw. Anyway I was thinking I would have mine done or mabey even send it to wicked saw works and let them go thru it.

18stoner just wanted to know if your mods on your 192c has improved that saw a lot? I just bought one the guy I'm getting it from bought it new used it he said mabey 10 time wound up with M.S and can no longer use a saw. Anyway I was thinking I would have mine done or mabey even send it to wicked saw works and let them go thru it.

The muffler mod transformed my 192. I did it when new, possibly didn't get a tank of fuel through before I did it. It being a 192t imported from US I didn't worry about warranty.

If I'm honest it's not too short of a 200 speed of cut-wise, only running a little short on grunt with a full bar buried.

The mod is easy, I'm sure you'll be capable yourself if you can use a drill and have some idea how to set up a carb. All that's needed is to remove the deflector on the can, and the spark screen. Where the "recess" of the can is, drill the whole of this out and smooth the edges with a file. Refit the deflector and place the spark screen in the bin. Reset the cab. Job done.

I fitted a 12" 200 bar on mine and never looked back.

I'm one of the fortunate ones who still has a couple of excellent running 200's, so if the day came that the 192 met its end I'd probably buy a 193. prolonging the life of the 200's is another benefit running this size saw IMO.

…. But for £320, you've got a good deal, which will help you earn money to buy something better (if you use it enough). I assume shipping and import is included in that price?

I paid pound notes to a Polish guy who lives in Leamington.

All legit……brand new in box , with manual in Polish……

( anyone speak Polish ? , lol ) :thumbup1:

• 5 months later...
If it is anything like the ms 192 t God help you if you need parts. i have 3 of them in the local dealers waiting for parts to arrive from Germany.They have been have been there for 3 weeks.

There's a big difference. The 192t was never sold in the UK so not many parts available off the shelf.