Stihl ms193t

simon@BGS

The 193t is an in between saw, it's got more power than the 150t, but isn't as light, and it's lighter than the 201t but doesn't have the power.

In terms of build quality, it's the cheapest of the 3, being a true clam shell design, whilst the intake and exhaust ports are situated at right angles on the cylinder. It requires a great amount of modification to match a stock 201, but the same level of modifications on a 150 will surpass a stock 193.

JLA arborists on here has one that I retuned to try and get rid of the bog. He has it on 12" PS3, it does the job but it won't win an award. But for £320, you've got a good deal, which will help you earn money to buy something better (if you use it enough). I assume shipping and import is included in that price?

Edited by Eddy_t

I've used a 192t, just a gutless cheap version of a 200/201, can't see the point.

Just out of curiosity, do you use a saw around 60cc for general ground work, possibly a MS362 or 560XP, then when felling something big pull out a 395XP or MS661?

I'd imagine you do but never say "I dont see the point in that 362 as it's no match to the 661"!

Just out of curiosity, do you use a saw around 60cc for general ground work, possibly a MS362 or 560XP, then when felling something big pull out a 395XP or MS661?

I'd imagine you do but never say "I dont see the point in that 362 as it's no match to the 661"!

No, I never say that because I've just put down the 362 (or in my case a 560) after using it for ground work, for which it's ideal, to pick up the bigger saw to fell and buck.

I think your kind of illustrating the point.

Titchy tiny 150 (I haven't got one but I can see the attraction) hangs on the belt like a handsaw, good for light pruning.

201 heavier but still manageable around the tree, poky, good for takedowns and heavier work.

I don't see a gap in the middle.

You love yours, great.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

No, I never say that because I've just put down the 362 (or in my case a 560) after using it for ground work, for which it's ideal, to pick up the bigger saw to fell and buck.

Titchy tiny 150 (I haven't got one but I can see the attraction) hangs on the belt like a handsaw, good for light pruning.

201 heavier but still manageable around the tree, poky, good for takedowns and heavier work.

You love yours, great.

I think you explained that well and I too don't see a gap in the middle. I have a 201 and really want a 150 for finer pruning. I don't think I'd go for an intermediate saw like the 192/193

I think you explained that well and I too don't see a gap in the middle. I have a 201 and really want a 150 for finer pruning. I don't think I'd go for an intermediate saw like the 192/193

Think that's true for the whole stihl range, never seen a point in a 211 231 241 251 261 271 291 !!!

You love yours, great.

Yeh, my main point was you can never have too many saws!

I do have all three sizes, albeit its 150, 192(modded) and 200. I can honestly say they all have uses and I would say the 192 is most used.

I did have the 192 many years before the 150 was available and was the "pruning saw" that was capable of dismantles due to a modded exhaust.

If I were running a 150 & 200, would I buy a 193? Not sure I would if I didn't know how useful the intermediate saw is.

My advice would be don't be put off at the thought you wouldn't find work for it, try one out if you can, you will be impressed.