Post your stump grinding photos

Stefan Palokangas

3 birch stumps and ploughed the area for surface roots. 30min machine time.

Took longer to load/unload and travel to job. 

Wife came along because I had to drag the machine up a grassy slope which at the time I felled the trees was freshly sown and a no go.

I do regret at times not buying the self propelled version.

The engine cut out 3 times, a bit of a mystery but with 172 hours in the clock I guess the fuel system might need cleaning.

Running a mix of Stay Sharp and QRMS depending on the job and soil.

IMG_20230407_133328.jpg

IMG_20230407_140944.jpg

IMG_20230407_133351.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

It's been a long time since I started this thread on the 26th of April, 2015. I'm incredibly grateful to see it still active and engaging after all these years. The journey has been nothing short of amazing, and I want to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for your contributions, advice, and companionship along the way.

The progress we've made at Stump Grinding Direct since I first wrote on this forum is immense. We've grown, learned, and adapted so much, and a significant part of that growth is thanks to the knowledge shared here by this vibrant community.

Stump grinding has always been my passion, and in the past years, I've had the opportunity to delve deeper into this craft, honing my skills and expanding my knowledge. I've been able to take on more diverse and challenging projects, and every new stump is a learning experience in its own right.

I wanted to share a few photos of some of the work we've done recently (see attached). I hope these images can inspire newcomers to the field and perhaps spark some nostalgia in the veterans among us.

Here's to many more years of sharing, learning, and grinding together! Your support and encouragement have been invaluable, and I'm excited to see what the future brings for all of us in the stump grinding community.

Best Regards,

Stefan Owner, Stump Grinding Direct

unnamed (4).jpg

unnamed (12).jpg

IMG_3511.JPEG

IMG_3196.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

5.JPG

company owner.jpg

IMG_0109.PNG

IMG_0110.PNG

• Like 3

Stefan, your Predator seems to be a super reliable fellow and it's nice to see it's still with you. If I remember right, you already replaced the engine once. Next step would be a paint touch up I guess :P.

There where a few 252s with 4k and more hours, some Carltons with 5k+, which is more than enough for a stumpy.

I'm pretty sure your 38 has joined the high-miler-club as well, has it crossed the 4k mark already? 

Skinny urban birch removal.

I used the dull side of the teeth to clear the area around the stump of surface roots before turning the lead teeth and demolishing the stump in 6min.

Clay soil, almost moistureless and it is only May...

IMG_20230523_102501.jpg

IMG_20230523_115259.jpg

IMG_20230523_124006.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...