tight coffee makers

jonno141

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best one is when the none brew maker comes out to talk to you while enjoying a nice fresh brew themselves!!!

Oh I'll raise you.

One sleeting February afternoon I spend dismantling a Euc. Couldn't feel my hands. The 020 exhaust was the only thing I had.

The client never offered us a cuppa, instead they sat in with their fire roaring, drinking cocoa and watching us through the patio windows. I felt like chucking a chog through the window so they could share in the misery.

I couldn't even roll a smoke at lunch my hands were that cold!

We were on a two day connie hedge trimming job on a very hot day last year at a stately pile belonging to a rich widow who would make the queen seem like the poor relation, no drinks forthcoming of course,and as we worked our way closer to the back of the house,she came out to sit at some lawn tables with a few other old bags and had jugs and glasses of lemonade with ice clinking about brought out to her,and sat watching us with the sweat rolling down our backs.

I dont think i will ever forget that.

Can't understand the entitlement to tea / coffee mentality. If you want a drink, take it with you; height of rudeness to expect it from your customer imo, shows disrespect too.

When they do offer a cuppa, it's usually rank anyway, watery or instant coffee :puke:

imo; not the majority opinion I know.

:001_smile:

Seems to me there's a strange inverse definition of good manners wrt this tea/coffee/lunch scenario and I'm totally on side with your way of thinking.

I wouldn't consider it 'rude' or lacking in manners if a customer didn't offer a drink. Inconsiderate / thoughtless perhaps if they stand watching the work with a brew in hand, but not rude since there is absolutely no obligation on the customer.

I take everything I need to do a job with me and that includes hot & cold drinks and lunch. I'd no sooner turn out for the day without my drinks / food than I would without my saws, ropes, harnesses.

It's nice sometimes when cake, lunch, drinks are offered, there's no doubt that it can create a positive reaction and a good impression which will encourage that little bit of extra effort and willingness to return to a "favoured" customer, but I wouldn't say the opposite is true when those little treats are not offered.

Personally, I'd consider it to be less well mannered to ask / expect a drink than I would for customer not to have offered.

It seems to me to be part of the inverse definition of manners to expect hospitality based upon what one might provide when people are working at their own home.

I'll happily do pasties, cake, tea, coffee etc (at my discretion) but if the first question on arrival is "Is the kettle on" I'd quite likely find that rude and presumptuous unless they were friends, regular or on site for a longer term project where a relationship has developed.

Each to their own.....

Kettle's on! :tee:

Seems to me there's a strange inverse definition of good manners wrt this tea/coffee/lunch scenario and I'm totally on side with your way of thinking.

I wouldn't consider it 'rude' or lacking in manners if a customer didn't offer a drink. Inconsiderate / thoughtless perhaps if they stand watching the work with a brew in hand, but not rude since there is absolutely no obligation on the customer.

I take everything I need to do a job with me and that includes hot & cold drinks and lunch. I'd no sooner turn out for the day without my drinks / food than I would without my saws, ropes, harnesses.

It's nice sometimes when cake, lunch, drinks are offered, there's no doubt that it can create a positive reaction and a good impression which will encourage that little bit of extra effort and willingness to return to a "favoured" customer, but I wouldn't say the opposite is true when those little treats are not offered.

Personally, I'd consider it to be less well mannered to ask / expect a drink than I would for customer not to have offered.

It seems to me to be part of the inverse definition of manners to expect hospitality based upon what one might provide when people are working at their own home.

I'll happily do pasties, cake, tea, coffee etc (at my discretion) but if the first question on arrival is "Is the kettle on" I'd quite likely find that rude and presumptuous unless they were friends, regular or on site for a longer term project where a relationship has developed.

Each to their own.....

Kettle's on! :tee:

Quite a lot of these posts are jokey/light hearted Kevin.

i think theres a difference here, being offered a cup of tea and accepting is fair game, its on the customers terms, but wearing a t- shirt asking for it/sending a pre text or whatever else people do to goad a cuppa tea is rude, you are being payed by them to do a job not have them wait on you.

Anyway why not just bring a thermos- that way you can have it when you like it and how you like it- and theres no waiting around for ages whilst someone makes you a brew when really you just want to crack on and get back up the tree:lol:

What he said.

Oh I'll raise you.

One sleeting February afternoon I spend dismantling a Euc. Couldn't feel my hands. The 020 exhaust was the only thing I had.

The client never offered us a cuppa, instead they sat in with their fire roaring, drinking cocoa and watching us through the patio windows. I felt like chucking a chog through the window so they could share in the misery.

I couldn't even roll a smoke at lunch my hands were that cold!

Poor you. They're paying you :001_huh:

Maybe the written quotation should stipulate the frequency with which refreshments are served and list the preferred food options.

If the customer agrees to the work and doesn't deliver... you can sue them for breach of contract.