tight coffee makers

jonno141

Nope. Expectation from the contractor is ruder (imo).

Where has this unwritten rule about beverage provision come from?! :thumbdown:

You don't HAVE to say "please" or "thank you", its no compulsory to hold doors open for people, you won't get arrested for not standing on a bus or train for the elderly, however decent people do. Life is not about rules and regulations, punishment or reward, IMO, its about deciding what sort of person you wish to be and acting accordingly :001_smile:

When the biomass lads were fitting my boiler before Xmas, there was regular tea or coffee, home baked cakes and bacon sandwiches.

Hospitality is not mandatory, but I'd sooner be a person who offers it than not :001_smile:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't HAVE to say "please" or "thank you", its no compulsory to hold doors open for people, you won't get arrested for not standing on a bus or train for the elderly, however decent people do. Life is not about rules and regulations, punishment or reward, IMO, its about deciding what sort of person you wish to be and acting accordingly :001_smile:

When the biomass lads were fitting my boiler before Xmas, there was regular tea or coffee, home baked cakes and bacon sandwiches.

Hospitality is not mandatory, but I'd sooner be a person who offers it than not :001_smile:

I guess that's what it boils down to.

If I'm the person that can offer a person something which makes there day that bit better, for little effort on my part, it means I can look at myself in the mirror and know I'm a bit less of a dickhead than if I couldn't be bothered.

I would have thought that anyone who's spent time grafting in the cold and wet would appreciate how far a hot drink and a bite goes to improving your day.

Nope. Expectation from the contractor is ruder (imo).

Where has this unwritten rule about beverage provision come from?! :thumbdown:

It's not a rule, and I don't sulk when tea is not forthcoming, but I do think the people without the hospitality to offer are the people I'd have no interest in holding a conversation with outside of work.

Do you hide the toilet roll when contractors are working? If they didn't bring their own, they don't deserve to wipe on your dime?

Just the way I was brought up I guess; I'm not going to suddenly change, apologise and repent or change my ways. Ref toilet toll; are you kidding?! I'd never dream of asking to use someones loo, so I guess I'd expect others not to request mine. Bah humbug. Yours faithfully, Mr Nasty.

PS: sparky in plymouth sued a customer for cake that made him ill. Lol.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

If i havent a flask or i've supped it i just ask. Not a lot to ask for.

Yesterday was a scorcher... i made sure me and my man were kept watered and brewed all day.

De hydration and sun stroke isnt a good combination.

Conidering taking some sun cream to work aswell!

Keep hydrated people how ever you do it.

If i havent a flask or i've supped it i just ask. Not a lot to ask for.

Yesterday was a scorcher... i made sure me and my man were kept watered and brewed all day.

De hydration and sun stroke isnt a good combination.

Conidering taking some sun cream to work aswell!

Keep hydrated people how ever you do it.

Your man is lucky to have you :)