• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Green Party
    • Liberal Democrat
    • UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

They should have to pay their fair share without doubt!

What's a fair wage in your opinion?

Because I have been looking at the charts various people have put links up for and I can't work out where people draw the line?

A fair wage should be one where you graft hard and get payed a living wage to do so. Not a wage that you think should pay you to go to the pub seven nights a week, smoke forty tabs a day and go on two foreign holidays a year. What a fair wage is, is a wage that you can take home live a steady live on without having top-ups off the tax payer...... Some Employers use the zero hours, they get it made up by government schemes to their own ends.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If no-one created any wealth we'd still be tilling our furrows on those strips of land like our ancestors used to do! :laugh1:

You say that as if it were a bad thing!

Call me a misty eyed, nostalgic old hippy but I bet those ancestors were a lot more content than we are now. Increasing ones wealth over and above what is necessary to provide food, shelter and social mobility doesn't increase your happiness, it just makes life more difficult for those who are not lucky enough to have the opportunities ie. a large proportion of the rest of the world.

Call me a misty eyed, nostalgic old hippy but I bet those ancestors were a lot more content than we are now. Increasing ones wealth over and above what is necessary to provide food, shelter and social mobility doesn't increase your happiness, it just makes life more difficult for those who are not lucky enough to have the opportunities ie. a large proportion of the rest of the world.

Nonsense! When you get up high enough 'take the ladder' up with Ya, so the peasant can't get where you are.:sneaky2::laugh1:

In this country at least the opportunity is there for all, people who claim it's not are just wrong, it may take the poor longer and have to work harder than those lucky enough to be born into a rich family but it is still there.

I get nothing from the government in benefits as in cash handouts, but obviously the nhs etc.

Work should pay not sitting on your backside!

Zero hours and the like are wrong, but to cure that you need the population at large to be happy to pay more for everything.

Increasing the minimum wage would simply cause inflation to pay for itself.

there is only one sensible option here if you stop and think about it properly.. if you vote labour you basically vote for a labour & snp coalition cos they won't get a majority, with Milliband as a prime minister and with the threat of breaking up the UK... i'd rather let a primary child run the country..

you might be tempted by some of ukips polices but they are never going to get a majority so you are basically helping the labour cause if you vote ukip by taking votes from the Tories...

be sensible... Tories are the only party who will be ANY good for getting this country we love out of the s*#t labour put us in, and although not perfect by a long way they have done this country good.

don't waste your vote by voting for anyone else... we need a strong country and if we stick at it we'll get there...:001_smile:

there is only one sensible option here if you stop and think about it properly.. if you vote labour you basically vote for a labour & snp coalition cos they won't get a majority, with Milliband as a prime minister and with the threat of breaking up the UK... i'd rather let a primary child run the country..

you might be tempted by some of ukips polices but they are never going to get a majority so you are basically helping the labour cause if you vote ukip by taking votes from the Tories...

be sensible... Tories are the only party who will be ANY good for getting this country we love out of the s*#t labour put us in, and although not perfect by a long way they have done this country good.

don't waste your vote by voting for anyone else... we need a strong country and if we stick at it we'll get there...:001_smile:

Hi Robinson, thanks for your input. Is your first name Ann?

I've worked for the richest people on the planet many of them live in London, The amount of wealth they have is bordering the perverse, no it is perverse! The most disgusting part of it is whilst we all scraped by, went bust or only just kept our heads above water in the recession these bastards made a fortune!