Jeremy clarkson get push but mate stick by jeremy thats good mates

mendiplogs

I find it all a bit strange..............

JC was found to have physically and verbally abused a work colleague (who needed to then go to A&E). So JC won't have his contract renewed. Big deal!

Surely his behaviour was a fundamental breach of contract. So the BBC should have cancelled what little remained on his present contract, and take whatever other action is necessary for that breach.

You just cannot go around assaulting your work colleagues. End of.

Let's see what action the police take...................

IMHO his mates are fools if they support his actions.

Hi jack it was over a STEAKE mate mad they should just got him a STEAKE mad if you ask me thanks Jon

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no doubt that an unacceptable incident took place - an assault - and realistically the BBC has no real choice. In Clarkson's defence he reported the incident himself, and made repeated attempts to apologise to the victim (whois of course entirely within his rights to ignore those attempts).

The widely-publicised campaign to get him reinstated is utterly irrelevent.

I know that Clarkson and Top Gear is a bit like Marmite - you either love it or hate it, it's a matter of personal taste. There is no doubt that the program is enormously successful, and this is almost entirely down to the dynamics of the three presenters working as a team. Take one of them away and it simply won't work. All three, working together, have a unique and probably irreplaceable talent, and Clarkson undoubtedly acts as the catalyst. I doubt that May or Hammond, though talented in their own right, would be as effective without Clarkson.

It is also very evident from watching the program that the three have worked so closely together that they have fused into a single team in a way which is rare, and May's comments don't surprise me in the least.

Personally, even though the BBC is talking of "re-inventing" Top Gear, I think the program is dead now, and if Clarkson is out then it is right that it should be dead. Go out on a high note. I do not believe for a minute that a "re-invented" program could come close. (It is interesting that of the many worldwide franchises of the format, the one with Clarkson, May and Hammond is the only one which is massively successful, whcih is probably the result of the three presenters. There's a lesson here for the BBC).

I hope that the holy trinity of Clarkson, May and Hammond will now go on to make more programmes either themselves or for another company, not necessarily replacements for Top Gear, possibly a new format. The creative energy of the three would allow them to do almost anything.

One other observation about Top Gear is that the production standards were remarkably high. The quality of the camera work and editting, and the creative genius that went into the program was almost unparalleled in any mainstream TV series. I can only hope that whatever comes next is as good. Let us not forget that at the moment it is not just the presenters who are in limbo, but the whole production team.

Do not forget also that as far as is known the victim of the assault has not at any time complained to the BBC or anyone else, and is now also out of work. He has been the subject of a massive and wholly unwarranted smear campaign and troll campaign via "social" media, and I imagine has been living through the worst days of his life. This, I find the most distasteful part of the whole fiasco. Whatever your views about Clarkson, it is not Tymon's fault that this has happened.

I am sure that Clarkson knows he crossed a line. I doubt for a minute that he is surprised at the outcome which he must have expected, and I am pretty sure that he blames no-one but himself.

All in all a rather sordid end to something great. An end which brings credit to no-one.

No one deserves to get punched at work no matter what they say or do. I understand the police are looking into this and considering taking action

I can honestly say that I have worked with people who deserve a damn good punch on the nose.

No one deserves to get punched at work no matter what they say or do. I understand the police are looking into this and considering taking action

I agree with the above but I'm afraid there are idiots out there that only understand violence or the other type of idiot that will push you to breaking point and then wonder why he's pouring claret from his nose.

Mark hit the nail on the head