Small dog/ mammal killer wanted.... & safe with children

SteveA

WTF??????:001_huh::001_rolleyes:

I meant exactly what I said and said exactly what I meant.

Children are NOT perfect, neither are dogs.

I saw our 20 odd year old daughter get "bit" 0n the face, by our rescue Lab/Rottie cross.

Frightened the excrement out of her.

And left her with a bruised cheek, and a small cut(caught with the end of a tooth)

Seriously.

BUT

She had foolishly choosen to creep up and surprise him, not realizing how deeply he was sleeping.

By blowing "BOO" in his ear.

An involuntary reaction on the dogs part.

The dog actually looked mortified when he realized what he had done.

Smaller children can be equally foolish, ANY family dog I have ever known, will first verbally warn = growl, then retreat or back away if poss, it may then possibly snap or nip.

THIS does not mean it is attacking the child:001_rolleyes:

m

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have 3 feral cats, that we got from a "feral cat rescue" they never come near the house in fact we don't see them that often, but the vermin population is being successfully controlled. I did laugh at your comment about staffords, never once would I ever put them in a category of vermin control, you would be deluded to think anything other than they can hold a sofa down well and that's about it :). I should know as I have 2.

Sorry, I didn't mean to pigeonhole staffies.... yes they can be very cuddly as well. The one I knew could be very lovely (once it had settled down out of its maniac NUTTER!! phase! Lol).

We're leaning towards a Jack Russell Terrier: Spartan Dogs - Jack Russell Terrier

My old Patterdale is the best ratter iv seen. He lives at a farm near my sisters now but has killed 13 in a morning. Mental temperament though..

Sounds ideal for the farm but not ideal for our 3 year old boy! cheers