Husqvarna Chinese copies?

Johnleddo

LOL certainly looks that way.

Im gonna dig out the new 395xp I have here and have a look for any ce sticker it may have but im sure it hasn't. The homeowner saws normally have 1 on the top cover but its almost like its husqvarnas own design sticker that doesn't look out of place and not some ugly general purpose sticker like on that saw.

My 395 has a yellow ce sticker iirc

Well as someone quite rightly pointed out the picture was from an advert on gumtree, a bloke down in the south was selling 3 for £550 each at a year old. I agree with Spud that if people are going to take the time and effort to copy a saw to such high detail you would think they would produce a much more popular model.

I have just been on gumtree to find the advert to paste a link but funnily enough it seems to have gone from on there, so maybe someone has snapped up a good deal or been ripped off for a fake. Either way for me unless it was from a very trusted seller (which from what i understand there's no way of knowing on gumtree) or I could go and see the item I'd prefer to save my money so I'm sure I'm getting the genuine saw.

As a general note on copies i guess its only to be expected that they'll look more and more like the real thing as time goes on. I sure if its down to the location of stickers and the colour of plastics these irregularities may not be existent on the next batch that comes into the country.

Cheers

John

That looks like a genuine 3120 to me.

If it isnt its a very good copy.

I was at a husky service meeting a few weeks ago and they were saying that they have came across quite a lot of near identical fake machines, nothing like the usual fake garbage you see.

As they were being produced as direct copies from the factory they were able to intervene and put a stop to it.

We have had quite a few customers telling me I have sent the wrong bar or chain out, when I ask for a photo of their saw sure enough its a fake.

That looks like a genuine 3120 to me.

If it isnt its a very good copy.

I was at a husky service meeting a few weeks ago and they were saying that they have came across quite a lot of near identical fake machines, nothing like the usual fake garbage you see.

As they were being produced as direct copies from the factory they were able to intervene and put a stop to it.

We have had quite a few customers telling me I have sent the wrong bar or chain out, when I ask for a photo of their saw sure enough its a fake.

The 365/372 copies are almost perfect now, the only thing the Chinese haven't copied is the integrated flywheel key, or the XPG models. But the 3120 I would deem is real, you have to delve very deep into the internet to find anything close to aftermarket parts that don't usually break, on the other hand, I found a cheap deal for a 3120 with 72" b&c! Postage is a bit of a killer from India!

Even the dodgy Chinese copy website didn't render much - one supplier, but the minimum order was 2000 units and an 'email the supplier' price tag.