Husqvarna Chinese copies?

Johnleddo

All good info thanks very much.

What do you think of this then?

With my logical hat on, I would say it is probably real as who would copy a chainsaw that they would only sell a few of.

If I were copying a chainsaw, I would copy the 50-70cc ones from Stihl and Husqvarna as it is those that they would sell the most of.

This will also be the reason that the 3120 and MS880 cylinder and pistons have so few aftermarket copies and why all those midrange saws have so many non OEM parts available!

The picture does make the saw look a bit aftermarket but may just be the hue on the photo/camera.

All good info thanks very much.

What do you think of this then?

IMO not a fake saw, but that particular image is used in a number of scams from what I can see (seems to spend a lot of time being resold on gumtree!)

Falsey 3120 the silver ce sticker gives it away.

Atleast the names copied right tho they can use a k in there....

Also the serial vin tag is in the wrong place but the right place for earlier era husqvarnas.

Top cover screws are silver and should be almost black.

Christ, I hope not, otherwise Husq have got a false one up currently on their website!

Husq.jpg.cbf1464af126d01d73c6365318a66692.jpg

I bought a Husky 440 off e-bay tail end of last year, I'm pleased with it, but all this talk of copies has made me paranoid. It came in a husky box with all the papers from the US and seems to be the real deal, although was quite cheap off e-bay.....oh dear have i bought a dud, I'll check it tonight when i get home and report back.

You will know if its a fake mate.

IMO not a fake saw, but that particular image is used in a number of scams from what I can see (seems to spend a lot of time being resold on gumtree!)

Christ, I hope not, otherwise Husq have got a false one up currently on their website!

[ATTACH]177213[/ATTACH]

Lol maybe I described that poorly. The later genuine models have a more sunken into the crankcase vin plate. Same area but more deeper inset.

Now show me a genuine Husqvarna with a ce approved silver sticker :001_tt2:

Some of the homeowner saws have a coloured ce sticker on them but never seen a silver one and never seen any form of ce sticker on an xp model.

Lol maybe I described that poorly. The later genuine models have a more sunken into the crankcase vin plate. Same area but more deeper inset.

Some of the homeowner saws have a coloured ce sticker on them but never seen a silver one and never seen any form of ce sticker on an xp model.

My 2014 540t has a silver CE sticker on it

Maybe best you stop digging :lol:

The 'sin' plate (can't be a 'vin' plate can it?) is correct and mounted fine.

The CE sticker is also totally fine.

You see it as silver, I see it as white in that picture.

Compare it to the side casing label - that one is silver... They are clearly not the same colour in that picture.

Also are you really sure you have never seen a CE conformity sticker on an XP saw?

Pretty sure all husky saws come with a CE sticker on them somewhere.

I'd say the 3120 is real, but might not be what you get if you bought it.

Maybe best you stop digging :lol:

The 'sin' plate (can't be a 'vin' plate can it?) is correct and mounted fine.

The CE sticker is also totally fine.

You see it as silver, I see it as white in that picture.

Compare it to the side casing label - that one is silver... They are clearly not the same colour in that picture.

Also are you really sure you have never seen a CE conformity sticker on an XP saw?

LOL certainly looks that way.

Im gonna dig out the new 395xp I have here and have a look for any ce sticker it may have but im sure it hasn't. The homeowner saws normally have 1 on the top cover but its almost like its husqvarnas own design sticker that doesn't look out of place and not some ugly general purpose sticker like on that saw.