Fans on log burner?

swinny

Do you reckon they'd take it back though? It's probably because it's too hot. Surface temp on the stove at this moment is 382 celcius...... :001_huh:

NOTE: Overheating will reduce the Ecofan’s effectiveness and may damage the thermoelectric module and void the warranty. Remove the Ecofan from the stove if the temperature exceeds 345°C for the 800, 810 or 812; 150°C for the 806GS Gas or 200°C for the low-stovetop temperature Ecofan 806 BelAir.

From eco fan.co.uk

:-(

Yep, thought as much.

With a 20kw stove, it doesn't often run under 300c, and quite frequently hits 400c.

The purchase of the stove fan was an experiment really. If it works well enough, I'll get one of the ones with the stirling engine at some point.

Do you reckon they'd take it back though? It's probably because it's too hot. Surface temp on the stove at this moment is 382 celcius...... :001_huh:

Just phone up and say its not working as it should. You could try putting on a trivet to keep the temp down for the fan and see how that works.

Do the fans on top of the log burners work? Anyone use one?

Thinking of getting 2, one to blow out into the room and one to blow towards the door corridor.

Cheers :)

I got one, for my wood boiler stove, and unless the stove is going full whack, it does not spin.

The water steals too much of the heat.

I imagine it would work nicely if it was just a plain wood burner, with no water heating.

• 1 month later...
I got one, for my wood boiler stove, and unless the stove is going full whack, it does not spin.

The water steals too much of the heat.

I imagine it would work nicely if it was just a plain wood burner, with no water heating.

A neighbour gave me a shot of their fan today to try on our boiler stove, I think it's an ecofan, cost them about £150, didn't have much hope really but it started spinning soon after being sat on stove without much of a fire going! Can't say what benefit it's had yet but it's spinning fairly quickly .

I've got an Ecofan (had it for a few months) and I don't think it spins as quickly now as it did when it was new. The difficulty is that it's only rated to about 340 celcius, which on a big stove is a surface temperature that is often exceeded. Quite often, mine will run at 360-400 for long periods of time, sitting exactly at the top of the zone of best operation according to the flue thermometer. What is the point in having a big stove if you aren't going to run it hotter?

The only fan I've seen that is rated to a higher temperature is the Stirling engined fan, which can run at up to 450c.

340C is pretty hot for any stove, thats way into the To Hot area of a stove temp gauge. Are you sure you dont mean 340 F, thats more likely I would have thought, thats centeral on the Best Operation scale.

If you stove is a contempory model then the top may not get as hot as the sides and flue pipe, I have one of these live in my showroom: Morsø 7940 - Morsø Making Life Warmer

The temp on the top is only half that of the sides, as a result I use an Ecofan Bel Air, The Ecofan 806 BelAir is designed specifically for use on the lower stovetop surface temperatures found on many Gas, Pellet or Contemporary Stoves.

The Bel Air is designed for low temp tops such as contemporary stoves and gas stoves. The tops on these stoves just sit on the stove and are only in point contact hence poor heat transmission to them.

If however you have a normal stove with a top that is welded on then put your temp gauge onto the top and see if that varies from your flue pipe temp. If it does not then the Ecofan has a 2 year warranty, take it up with the fan supplier, suspect a new motor might be needed.

A

340C is pretty hot for any stove, thats way into the To Hot area of a stove temp gauge. Are you sure you dont mean 340 F, thats more likely I would have thought, thats centeral on the Best Operation scale.

If you stove is a contempory model then the top may not get as hot as the sides and flue pipe, I have one of these live in my showroom: Morsø 7940 - Morsø Making Life Warmer

The temp on the top is only half that of the sides, as a result I use an Ecofan Bel Air, The Ecofan 806 BelAir is designed specifically for use on the lower stovetop surface temperatures found on many Gas, Pellet or Contemporary Stoves.

The Bel Air is designed for low temp tops such as contemporary stoves and gas stoves. The tops on these stoves just sit on the stove and are only in point contact hence poor heat transmission to them.

If however you have a normal stove with a top that is welded on then put your temp gauge onto the top and see if that varies from your flue pipe temp. If it does not then the Ecofan has a 2 year warranty, take it up with the fan supplier, suspect a new motor might be needed.

A

HI ALL we run a EGGS FELL INTO FAN :thumbup1:thanks jon