The end of firewood?

Joy Yeomans

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!!!!!!!

Makes you wonder why those with the "plan" could not foresee the ease with which Russia would side step the "plan"??????????:confused1::confused1:

Do you guys buy your tinfoil wholesale?????? making all those hats must add up!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::laugh1::lol::biggrin:

No bacho foil last months got to get back to my book Blair on the new world order

After 4 years selling logs ive decided to pack in. Cost of cord, time to extract snd deal with it against the 40 quid bulk bag crew has made me! I now have a supply of quality logs for our jew log burner which im installing. Good luck to everyone in the log business!

Got any gear up for sale then

Looking on the bright side I think we are still in a recession added to the fact we have had at least two years of mild weather. Previous year people stocked up because firewood run out in 2010. So it's mild and some people have piled logs up. It can't get a lot worse so if you can survive this you can survive anything. I am glad I just do wholesale kindling now.

Someone above mentioned a "plan", yes, as far as I am aware, there is a "plan" by OPEC to flood the market with their cheap to extract oil, so as to make fracking/shale oil/Falklands oil etc uneconomic.

Cos If these otherwise marginal oil sources become enomonically viable, OPEC got no barganing clout.

That no doubt combined with speculators now dumping "hoarded" oil in panic.

And to think in 1974 I was writing doom laden essays about the end-of-oil (for "O" Level English)

Looking on the bright side I think we are still in a recession added to the fact we have had at least two years of mild weather. Previous year people stocked up because firewood run out in 2010. So it's mild and some people have piled logs up. It can't get a lot worse so if you can survive this you can survive anything. I am glad I just do wholesale kindling now.

I think people need to start recognising the possibility that the last 2 winters could be the norm in future. I'm not saying we couldn't get winters like 08/09 and 09/10 again but they could not be for another 30yrs. Market forces such as climate change, inc competition, social changes, etc will force a lot to adapt and/or explore different revenues. You see this all the time in farming, fishing, rural estates, etc and it's normally those who are more forward thinking succeed.