The end of firewood?

Joy Yeomans

I can be certain because I have spoken to some who have said they will only take cash that way nobody knows how much they sell that's a pretty clear point they are fiddling. didn't think you would need something so obvious to be written down you should be able to work this kind of thing out for yourself.

I think your being very naive most people in "cash businesses" don't declare all

they earn do you think the Butty Van, Chip Shop,Window Cleaner etc etc declare all sales' (i think not), My local pubs till mysteriously used to break down 1 day per week all sales noted on a scrap of paper, so no till roll:001_smile: basically its called creative accountancy, you just have to suck it up.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your being very naive most people in "cash businesses" don't declare all

they earn do you think the Butty Van, Chip Shop,Window Cleaner etc etc declare all sales' (i think not), My local pubs till mysteriously used to break down 1 day per week all sales noted on a scrap of paper, so no till roll:001_smile: basically its called creative accountancy, you just have to suck it up.

not really I'm just mindful that what I put here can be read by anyone and as has been mentioned I still have machinery which could be vandalised so I've tried to be a little careful in what I have said. something the posts about selling for beer money should have considered before posting.

Of course the other big factor that has affected log sellers certainly in this area over the last 3 or 4 years are the very big farming estates that have with the help of grants,suddenly acquired harvesters,forwarders,and large fast processors,couple of farm workers transferred to the yard,couple of transit tippers with drivers,and suddenly we have some very big players with bottomless pockets,all selling logs at £80 a cube as quick as you like.

This has resulted in the traditional log boys close to these big set-ups, having to be thankful for the crumbs off the table,or have seen which way the wind is blowing and thrown their hand in and moved on to something else.

not really I'm just mindful that what I put here can be read by anyone and as has been mentioned I still have machinery which could be vandalised so I've tried to be a little careful in what I have said. something the posts about selling for beer money should have considered before posting.

Fair enough, not criticising you at all just saying "Cash players" will always be a fact of life from my experience in the construction industry IMHO.

so I've tried to be a little careful in what I have said. something the posts about selling for beer money should have considered before posting.

You've not been careful in the slightest, you've gone at it like a bull in a china shop and you're still at it with yet another thinly veiled threat.

Of course the other big factor that has affected log sellers certainly in this area over the last 3 or 4 years are the very big farming estates that have with the help of grants,suddenly acquired harvesters,forwarders,and large fast processors,couple of farm workers transferred to the yard,couple of transit tippers with drivers,and suddenly we have some very big players with bottomless pockets,all selling logs at £80 a cube as quick as you like.

This has resulted in the traditional log boys close to these big set-ups, having to be thankful for the crumbs off the table,or have seen which way the wind is blowing and thrown their hand in and moved on to something else.

^^^^ This. I've been working on an Estate in Norfolk on and off over the last few months. Lots of OUR money being spent on the Manor House and grounds. Local firewood bloke as shut up shop, just can't compete!

fair enough you want me to do something so I have sent this forum to hmrc and asked them to take a look at the posts maybe now you will be happy.

Now when you start ringing um up about joe blogs they will just think you have lost the plot.

Pull yourself together stop winging about everything because it won't get you any where . If you did get rid of one two will pop up.